Notifications
Clear all

[Sticky] Females Come Out!!!

174 Posts
68 Users
0 Likes
(@hypotemoose)

Hey, I'm brand new here, but definitely female. :wink:
I'm 15 and mostly play bass, though I do own an electric guitar.
I live in Virginia, but I'm not from here. I couldn't really say where I am from being as the longest I've lived in one place has been three years.
At any rate, I'm glad to be here on Guitar Noise!

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

We're always glad to welcome another female into our midst! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Hell yeah, I've liked lots of bands with female guitarists in them......

admittedly I was the female guitarist, but still. :lol: :lol:

and in case I haven't already (I'm sure I have) I'm a Brit, fast aprroaching my 24th b'day, despite trying to run away from it, lol, and began playing aged 14ish, but went on hiatus for a few years. Play both electric and acoustic, write tunes, and play lots of blues, some rock and some jazz. And weird experimental stuff, too.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@seanivan)

i am always amaze by those girls who play guitars! you must be very good now. you've been playing for quite a long time.

ReplyQuote
(@starbuck)

Hi I'm new to Guitar noise and I' m very happy to find a section for us girls! I play acoustic and I have an electric that I'm just starting to get into, just learning about amps and pedals. My musical influences are all over the map, The typical Zep, Heart, Neil young, Incubus, but I also really dig Metallica, Pantera, Disturbed, Linkin Park etc....

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Starbuck! Be sure to post in the "Meet & Greet" forum so that everyone can get to know you! We look forward to seeing another female around the forums! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

ReplyQuote
(@mishmosh)

Wahoo!! I'm of the female gender 8)

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Wahoo! Welcome! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member
Topic starter  

welcome all new females!! wow. when i started this thread i never thought it would get to be ten pages long! that's a good sign...

ReplyQuote
(@ruralgurl)

Add me to the list.

But here's a confession: Outside of some of the stuff I've done for churches with members of the congregations, I've never played in a duet or band with other gals. I've always been "one of the guys". Not so uncommon 30 years ago when I started playing, I guess, but ya'd think by now......

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I totally agree! I'm "one of the guys", too! Always have been! I just hope that the new generation of girls coming up and playing won't have to be the "token" girl in the band.

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

I'm of the female persuasion (of the Australian variety)!

I've been having lessons for a while, but it's a slow slog for me. Maybe not a 'natural' musician, but I'm tenacious, so I'm sticking with it! I mix playing between a classical, a steel-string and an electric, although the steel-string probably gets played the most simply because it is the physically hardest to play (and it makes the others feel SO much easier when I've been playing it).

I've been flaffing about a bit with my playing, but am now focused to begin playing and singing together. (Sang in public for the first time in my 40 years last year, and the second time a fortnight ago!)

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

ReplyQuote
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

I do believe that you are our first female from Australia! :D We've got quite a few Aussie men, though! Introduce yourself in the Meet & Greet Forum so that everyone can get to know you! And, Welcome to Guitar Noise, BKAngel! :D

EDIT: Oops! I fear I lied! We DO have one other female Aussie! Her name is Violet! She slipped my mind for a moment! You are our second! :D Please forgive my faux pas! (Or, as we say in Texas, my four paws!)

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

ReplyQuote
(@blackegobox)

and add a female from France! :)

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Welcome!

Interesting "handle." Got a story behind it?

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
Page 10 / 12