Got this PM from Bish - thoughts?  

RSS
(@alangreen)
Member Moderator

Volunteering if needed

Sent: 24 Aug 2012 22:07
To: Alan Green

Hey, Alan.

If you guys need any more help with moderation or other utility work done, I have mucho free time these days.

I've been a moderator in two other forums over the past 10 years so I have previous experience.

Bish

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 24/08/2012 9:41 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Oh dear. I've been using the "too much free time" line myself lately - it sucks.

I have no opinion good or bad on his mod-ship worthiness.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 24/08/2012 11:18 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

IMHO, couldn't hurt - Bish is a genuinely nice guy who knows his way around a fretboard AND a drum kit, has lots of experience playing live, knows about recording techniques, and is of the same vintage as me, Alan Green, DH, and Ricochet....not much more than 12 months between us all I think.

Factor in the mods we've lost or who are temporarily (or otherwise) out of action.....Wes hasn't been here in ages, Elecktra's not here very often, Nils has disappeared, Tracker ditto (he changed his username to Mike, last I heard he was quite ill - hope he's OK.) Even Ricochet doesn't drop in as often as he used to.....

So I'd say, there's room for one more - and I couldn't think, offhand, of a better potential moderator. Maybe jamestoffee for the SSG, if David gets fed up or can't find the time....then again, I have unfinished business there.....

My vote's a resounding "yes!"

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 25/08/2012 9:54 pm
(@davidhodge)
Member Moderator

Bish has certainly been a thoughtful community member and contributor over the years and I'd have no problems extending him the invitation to becoming a moderator. Vic's reasons are also good factors but I'd also like to add that taking a few new moderators would certainly liven up the place a bit!

Peace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2012 5:39 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Fine with me. I think he's a great guy.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2012 9:35 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

Alan, would you notify him he's been promoted?

Thanks

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2012 9:46 pm
(@davidhodge)
Member Moderator

And, assuming he accepts, someone should make a general notice to the community in the news section. Are you up for that as well, Alan? By the way, how'd the shows go this afternoon?

Peace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 26/08/2012 10:07 pm
(@alangreen)
Member Moderator

I'll let Bish know.

The shows went well, David. I'll write it all up. We're away in Italy for a few days now (back in the UK on the 7th) and I'll get down to writing stuff when we get back.

I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2012 6:16 am
(@alangreen)
Member Moderator

PM'd him.

ReplyQuote
Posted : 27/08/2012 8:28 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Hi, guys.

This is a funny thread to read about yourself.

I guess if it wasn't anything good I'd have never seen it.

Thank you for the votes of confidence.

BTW, the donuts were stale and my key does not work to the bathroom. :roll:

Bish"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2012 2:40 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Doughnuts?

You're not eating the corn-plasters, are you?

Oh, and try next door - you're trying to get into the dungeon, where Nick keeps all the banned user-names.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?Greybeard's PagesMy Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2012 12:34 pm
(@davidhodge)
Member Moderator

I don't think anyone's gone out for doughnuts in ages. Been a while since we've had a new mod!

Welcome, sir! It's an honor to have you on boards.

Peace

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2012 1:20 pm
(@danlasley)
Noble Member

Welcome Bish! Glad you joined us.

Read the "Mod Tools" post for clues...

ReplyQuote
Posted : 31/08/2012 2:26 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Congrats, Bish and welcome aboard!

(Walks off, shaking head, muttering to self..."He volunteered. He volunteered. Holy moley, he actually VOLUNTEERED!")

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
Posted : 01/09/2012 11:19 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Congrats, Bish and welcome aboard!

(Walks off, shaking head, muttering to self..."He volunteered. He volunteered. Holy moley, he actually VOLUNTEERED!")

Vic

I've learned a lot being a member of this awesome place.

Hope I can give back a little. :wink:

Bish"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

ReplyQuote
Posted : 02/09/2012 6:27 am