Clear all

Y12 W25 - This Week's Topic.

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Greetings all, and welcome to week 25 - hope you're all having a great Easter!

What I'd like us to do this week is carry on where Billy Joel left off....my daughter and I spent an enjoyable couple of hours earlier this week going through the lyrics of "We didn't start the fire" and looking up all the references we didn't know!

It occured to me that WDSTF is actually 25 years old this year....and there's a lot happened since then!

So in the spirit of WDSTF, what I'd like you to do is make a list of major events, people, songs, things that have inspired you over the last 25 years....and carry on where Billy finished. If you're older than, say, 30 or so, you might want to back further than '89 to set the scene, so to speak!

Right - now for part 2. Last week I asked you to make a list of headlines throughout the week....what I'm going to do now is open another sticky thread where you can add those headlines. I'd also like you to collect MORE headlines throughout this week, and post them in this thread as well.

As always, good luck with your writing!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)