Clear all

SSG Year 14 Week 8

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all

This week you get a title, but you have to do a bit of silly stuff to construct it.

First, think of the name of a good friend of yours. Or simply someone you've not thought about in ages.

Next, take the first letter of this person's first name and come up with a different first name with that starts with the same letter. You can, if you wish, simply use the same name.

Next, take the first letter of this person's last name and come up with the name of an animal that starts with the same letter.

Finally, connect the new words (new first name and animal) with the word "the." This gives you the title of your song. You can, should you so desire, add an adjective before the animal name.

So, for example, if I chose Vic Lewis as my friend's name, I could have any of the following titles:

Vinnie the Lemur

Valerie the Quiet Leopard

Vance the Skeptical Lemming

Violet the Lobster

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

nice to get a mention! got inspired tonight, written a song, six verses dedicated to a few GN members. Not going to try and post it from my phone...I'll nip to the library timorrow. In the meantime, here's a teaser/trailer... Angie the Meerkat, Katie the Rocker, Nathan the Throwback, Johnny T Good, Jimmy the Rock'n'Roller, and Dan the head Honcho! :-)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

looked back on what I'd written the next day.. thought no. Vic, you are writing rubbish- needs a total rewrite, could be a huge job. Then wednesday night, come up with something conpletely different..doesn't fit the subject at all, so I might just post it in the other songwriting group. Looks like it's been a while since anything was posted there..

Vic

:-) :-) :-)

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote