Clear all

SSG Year 13 Week 14

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all

Here in the United States, today (really tomorrow) (but really, when you think about it, pretty much all of the last two weeks) is "Superbowl Sunday." And even if you're not into American football, there are always the advertising spots, which often are much more entertaining than the game itself.

When you think about it, advertising slogans and songs have a lot in common. Each has to become memorable to the listener within a very short frame of time and often relies on a specific, short phrase or line to hook one's attention.

This week, you have the challenge of incorporating an advertising slogan (hopefully a well known one, but (as ever) we'll settle for slightly obscure ones, too) into a line of your song. Here is a list to get you started:

http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Advertising_slogans

Please note that your slogan doesn't have to be a highlight of your song (kind of like the "I want my MTV" line that Sting sings in "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits). It can simply be part of any line. As long as Mikey likes it, I'm sure I will, too.

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to whatever you may come up with.

Zoom zoom.

Peace