Clear all

SSG Year 12 Week 44

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all

Since we're just about into September, the natural tendency would be to make this week's topic something school related. But there are all sorts of other holidays and events (at least here in the states where we kind of make every day some sort of special occasion for some special interest group) taking place in the upcoming month, so here's a list of fifteen of them that might hopefully serve as a bit of inspiration. And I truly wish I was making most of this up!

National Skyscraper Day
Eat an Extra Dessert Day
National Fight Procrastination Day
National Grandparents Day
TV Dinner Day (does anyone even know what these are anymore?)
National Felt Hat Day
National Stay Away From Seattle Day (how can you not be inspired by this one?)
National Rice Krispies Treats Day
World Gratitude Day
National Punctuation Day
Oktoberfest (no lie - almost always starts around September 21)
(and it goes so well with:)
National Drink Beer Day
Hug a Vegetarian Day
Museum Day
and probably our favorite - Talk like a Pirate Day

Please note that if you choose one, you don't have to write about the specific day. For example, you can write about skyscrapers instead of "National Skyscraper Day."

Also try to stick with one topic. I'm fully aware that some of you might be able to fit all fifteen into one song. But I'd rather see you fully explore a single topic than write about hugging a vegetarian grandparent in a museum and somehow being grateful for it even though you truly wished you were out drinking a beer to go along with an extra dessert (possibly a Rice Krispies Treat) instead of going home to your totally not-in-Seattle skyscraper to eat a TV dinner without a period of rest so that you'd be able to not procrastinate on making your latest felt hat for Oktoberfest. Arrrrrrrr!

As always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Peace

(@jamestoffee)
Famed Member

write about hugging a vegetarian grandparent in a museum and somehow being grateful for it even though you truly wished you were out drinking a beer to go along with an extra dessert (possibly a Rice Krispies Treat) instead of going home to your totally not-in-Seattle skyscraper to eat a TV dinner without a period of rest so that you'd be able to not procrastinate on making your latest felt hat for Oktoberfest. Arrrrrrrr!

Well....that certainly is THE song right there! :lol:

ReplyQuote