Skip to content
SSG Year 12 Week 10...

Notifications
Clear all

SSG Year 12 Week 10 (and an announcement!)

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Hello to all.

Even though New Year's Day was Wednesday, we're still considering this the first assignment of 2014. That being the case, your task is to write a song on the topic (and of a genre) of your choice, but you must use "2014" somewhere in it.

Now, to make matters a little easier, you can certainly break down two thousand fourteen into its component parts, and you are also allowed to use homonyms as well. So your song should have enough of the following choices to "add up," so to speak to 2014:

two thousand fourteen
two
to
too
twenty
thousand
zero
fourteen
one
won
four
for
teen

I hope this makes sense. Good luck and, as always, I look forward to reading and to listening to what you come up with.

Oh yes, the announcement:

Beginning with Week 11, I'll be turning over the reins of the Sunday Songwriters' Group back to Vic Lewis. Vic's very psyched to be running the SSG again and I think that the rest of the SSG's Year 12 is going to be a lot of fun.

I'll still be about - one of my resolutions was to comment on any song (or part of a song) that gets posted in 2014 and I'd very much like to continue to contribute on this end. Maybe even get a song (or two or thirteen) of my own written, too.

Happy New Year, everyone. We'll be seeing each other around the Guitar Noise Forums and the SSG quite a bit.

Peace

(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I did say I wasn't going to make any resolutions this year - but I will make a promise to you all. I will do my very,very best to maintain the high standards of the SSG and keep up the excellent work done by David and Nick since I was last in charge - and Bob before that. Think I've got a good one to start with....and a few half-formed ideas that need a bit more thinking about. Oh well....time to start thinking about this week's topic....and a HUGE thanks for all the excellent topics David has suggested for the last....however long it's been!

:-) :-) :-))

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

Welcome back Vic!

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

ReplyQuote
(@barnabus-rox)
Famed Member

It has been a while but I am back Vic :P Sorry David for my lack of attendance but have had a lot happening in this thing called life - Things are settling back down now so I can be more active in the song writing stakes :)

Here is to you as good as you are
And here is to me as bad as I am
As good as you are and as bad as I am
I'm as good as you are as bad as I am

ReplyQuote
(@davidhodge)
Topic starter  

Don't be sorry, Trev - it's just great to see you again!

I think that life has been getting to all of us at different stages, so don't have worries on that account. I promise not to take you coming back when Vic is back in charge (and not me) personally. Okay, not too personally. :wink:

Looking forward to hearing some songs from you.

Peace

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll echo that, Trev....good to see you back! Now pick up that guitar, pick up that pen....no, don't strum the guitar with the pen....OK, just get writing, composing or playing!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote