Skip to content
10 greatest slide g...

Notifications
Clear all

10 greatest slide guitarists and their preferred tuning(s)!

64 Posts
46 Users
0 Likes
146 K Views
(@varena)

I think the guitar on Lucy in the Sky is Harrison and it's not slide, it's just great bending.You can hear it's fingers especially in the outro

ReplyQuote
(@asima32)

Well its hard to define "greatest" But one of my fav's is Chris Whitley. Never saw a ton of air play, but I bet you would be suprised at the number of big name guitar players that have got inspiration from his playing. As for tuning? Well he played so many diferent odd ball combos, that there probably not enough room to post them all.

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Well its hard to define "greatest" But one of my fav's is Chris Whitley. Never saw a ton of air play, but I bet you would be suprised at the number of big name guitar players that have got inspiration from his playing. As for tuning? Well he played so many diferent odd ball combos, that there probably not enough room to post them all.

Yes! Another CW fan!! His playing, and songwriting is probably my greatest inspiration in my musical life.

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@paul-arkell)

Why has no one mentioned Elmore James or Fleetwood Mac guitarist and singer Jeremy Spencer. oh and Mississippi Fred McDowell

Elmore used mainly open E & D
as did Jeremy who was heavily influenced by Elmore. and Fred McDowell was almost always open E

I myself use many but my favorite is an open g with a G where the low D should be
so it's GGDGBD try it out it beefs up your rythmn a treat

ReplyQuote
Page 5 / 5