Skip to content
Metal Guitar Method...

Notifications
Clear all

Metal Guitar Method Released by Watch & Learn, Inc.

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@matthiasyoung)
Eminent Member
Topic starter  

Atlanta, GA — Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Watch & Learn, Inc., the industry leader in instructional music products for over 20 years, releases Metal Guitar Method, an easy and comprehensive guitar method for the aspiring metal guitarist.

Metal Guitar Method guides the beginning guitarist on a journey through the art and technique of metal guitar. The 96-page book and 2.5 hour DVD cover the basic fundamentals and introduce students to advanced technical concepts such as sweep picking and finger tapping.

Tablature and Standard Music Notation is used throughout, making the book easy to follow and understand. There are 24 songs with backing tracks, each at multiple tempos to aid in practice.

The included DVD is presented in 16:9 widescreen format for the optimum viewing experience, with split screens showing each hand in detail.

Beneficial to teachers, there is a song and technique cross-reference chart so that students can focus on specific techniques.

Metal Guitar Method is written and performed by Matthias Young, head of the guitar programs at Callanwolde Fine Arts Center and at Emory Continuing Education at Emory University in Atlanta, GA.

Watch & Learn, Inc. is dedicated to creating the most effective instructional music products for both teachers and students, in a variety of musical styles, genres, and skill levels.

Metal Guitar Method (book w/DVD) is now available for $19.95 at music retail stores and at freeguitarvideos.com/books/MGM.html.

(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Who is it that endowed the title of "the industry leader in instructional music products"?

Is it some independent body or is it the marketing dept of Watch & Learn, Inc.?

My instinct tells me it is the latter, but I wait to be surprised.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote