Clear all

Your favourite covers!

19 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

I cant believe I forgot this...

Can you call it a cover when the performer OWNS it???

Johnny Cash Hurt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmVAWKfJ4Go

Paul B

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

mercedez benz, a capella, in the shower. i try to do a lot of voices. that's the only women i can get close to, and the only song. it used to be pretty spot on but it's rough.
as for guitar, a lot of dylan, some elliott, some farrar, a few others. i haven't done many covers lately.

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

My favorite cover of the hour is Bang Bang by The Raconteurs. It's an old I think 60's song done by Cher and Nancy Sinatra but their version rocks.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Urge Overkill - "You'll be a Woman Soon" (turned on to it watching Pulp Fiction)
Neil Young - "All Along the Watch Tower" (nothing against Hendrix's or Dylan's efforts)
Shiney Toy Guns - "Major Tom" - (An 80's New Wave sequel-cover of the Space Oddity character by David Bowie)
Roxy Music - "Jealous Guy" (the John Lennon classic)
Bruce Springsteen & E Street Band - "London Calling" (no, not better than the Clash - get real)
Letters to Cleo - "I Want You to Want Me" (Cheap Trick)
Rolling Stones - "Love in Vain" the redone cover of a cover on Stripped with Ronnie on lap steel. (Robert Johnson original?)
Boz Skaggs - "Somebody Loan Me a Dime" - No idea who the original was.
R.L. Burnside - "Rolling and Tumbling Blues" - Um, I'm forgetting who it was..Howling Wolf?

Not in order, but I did only pick one 'Stones effort, so that's gotta be worth something. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2