Notifications
Clear all

Who's Getting Gear This Year?

26 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

My hospital has been forced to cut jobs thanks to our wonderful gouverner cutting hospital funding. I feel bad for people getting the axe at Christmas. My job is safe as I am a nurse and have been working as one at my hospital for over 25 years, but my wife lost her job last fall and can't find a new one. Unemployment runs out soon ...... but Santa is still coming. Worse comes to worse I'll just have to pick up the slack with another job. :roll: I wish everyone the best of luck keeping their employment.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Our state is pretty much going under financially. They've already taken BACK several million dollars that had already been appropriated to the University, and the governor's told all his state department heads to figure out how they're going to work with 20% cuts from an already grossly underfunded budget next year. Way past "trimming fat," it looks to me that they're about to start lopping off extremities and carving out vital organs.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Who's getting gear this year?

Hmmm . . . depends on . . . . if I can pick . . . using a lump of coal.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Coal's gotten really high.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@georgejw22)
Trusted Member

Told everybody I know not to buy for me this year. I'm getting my own present. Just ordered myself a set of Dunlop Straploks and a Line 6 Toneport UX1 yesterday. Plus a lady I know is giving me an old combo organ she wasn't using anymore. So I'm gonna go pick that up today after I clock out, weather permitting.

All the good music has already been written by people with wigs and stuff. ~ Frank Zappa
I've got blisters on my fingers. ~Ringo Starr
Music is spiritual. The music business is not. ~ Van Morrison

ReplyQuote
(@diceman)
Reputable Member

I ordered a Peavey Vypyr tube 60 in August (2008) and hope to get it this year but the way it's looking that isn't a foregone conclusion . Nobody seems to know when the two tube models of the Vypyr line will actually ship . I have however received the Sanpera footswitch that goes with it and I must say that it makes the loveliest clicking sounds I've ever heard .

If I claim to be a wise man , it surely means that I don't know .

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

All I wanted was a cheap bass - found one yesterday. It'd been on sale at £99.99 previously - yesterday it was on sale at £69.99, but there was a 10% additional discount on musical instruments, so it cost me just over £62 - roughly around $90.
Pics are here......

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member

I decided that I would get a new guitar when my car is paid off or I get a promotion. Whichever comes first. I'm leaning towards an acoustic. Probably another Ovation. This one caught my eye.

http://www.sweetwater.com/guitargallery/acoustic/all/s8532551/

Nothing's for sure as I got another 11 months of payments. And the promotion depends when they hire and if they hire me.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well, I just bought a bunch of gear thanks to a mistake at work. I've been on salary for the last year when it turns out I should have been hourly. Soooooooooo, the company had to retroactivley pay me time and a half for all the extra hours I worked. Ended up with a little over 3 grand post tax So I replaced my homemade pedal board with a really nice Boss board, got a Sennheiser ew372g2 wireless system for my guitars, some new pedals and bought my wife a digital piano.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Well, I just bought a bunch of gear thanks to a mistake at work. I've been on salary for the last year when it turns out I should have been hourly. Soooooooooo, the company had to retroactivley pay me time and a half for all the extra hours I worked. Ended up with a little over 3 grand post tax So I replaced my homemade pedal board with a really nice Boss board, got a Sennheiser ew372g2 wireless system for my guitars, some new pedals and bought my wife a digital piano.

Nice little windfall, there. And wisely spent, too!

But - three grand and you still ain't got a white Tele?

Ah well - there's always next year!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Nice little windfall, there. And wisely spent, too!

But - three grand and you still ain't got a white Tele?

Ah well - there's always next year!

Vic I mentioned in another post that I had gotten an arctic white Tele Vic. :lol:
I really wanted the wireless system though. Last gig we did right before x-mas we were on a stage that was about 4 feet off the ground. Got my foot tangled in a cord from my pedal board and nearly went rump over teakettle off the stage.
At that point I decided I was to clumsy not to go wireless.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2