Skip to content
What's your favorit...

Notifications
Clear all

What's your favorite new bit of technology?

6 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Something a little lighter. I'm flipping through a national e-vendor's big-thick mailer and there's a bunch of nifty looking gadgets. Fr example, a clip-on piece for a mic stand that will hold your precious i-pad. Good for running the show for a one man band or even flipping from chord sheet to chord sheet.

That's not to mention all of this simulation stuff that's already been hitting the market for a few years and seems to be getting better.

Want to attach something to you iphone to lay down some tracks with your guitar? No probs. All kinds of stuff.

Do any of you guys use anything like this for anything?

My biggest leaps into this are a USB enabled epiphone and bringing up text file based chord sheets and making them big enough to see from 3 feet away. :lol: No phone things yet, although the family did update phones and I supposedly have a good one for such things.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'm still using 8-track tapes

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Gotta be the webcam, methinks. I'm going to try and do some Youtube stuff over the summer hols and call it "The Alan Green Show" or something......

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Hmmmmmm ... I use the computer to record instead of my 4 track. No real high tech gadgets though. I only own one guitar that has active pickups.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

It's not real new, but my Zoom H2 digital recorder is probably the best $200 I've spent on gear. I can set it on the desk and record acoustic/vocal stuff, I can put it in the middle of the room and record a jam session or I can put it in front of the stage and record a gig. The sound isn't like a pro setup, but it's great for finding rough spots in songs or hearing how you progress from show to show.

Bass player for Undercover

ReplyQuote
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Affordable recording equipment is a biggy!! Between that and clip on tuners. Those are probably the biggest in my skill level.

Paul B

ReplyQuote