Notifications
Clear all

The Evil of Guitar Hero

23 Posts
16 Users
0 Likes
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I tried Guitar Hero a few times and couldn't get into it for nothing, but I do like how its influencing kids to pick up a guitar and start playing. Also like GrungeSunset its getting kids into music that they might not take interest in otherwise, that's also a good thing.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I would be particularly interested in playing 'La Bamba' on the GH. I have never actually played one, so who knows...

Its nice to step out of the comfort zone. I am a strict no metal person, but I find myself listening to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth and Motorhead quite a few times now. And its good.

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

I would be particularly interested in playing 'La Bamba' on the GH. I have never actually played one, so who knows...

Its nice to step out of the comfort zone. I am a strict no metal person, but I find myself listening to Black Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth and Motorhead quite a few times now. And its good.

La Bamba is easy on the guitar and drums. I struggled on the vocals as I don't speak spanish. Managed to get 4 stars on it at least.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

La Bamba is easy on the guitar and drums. I struggled on the vocals as I don't speak spanish. Managed to get 4 stars on it at least.

I can atleast ad libb...Par lavar La Bamba, Soi Capitan ...and goes on...I admit my spanish is terrible...

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

of course you dont' actually have to sing the lyrics in those games, you just have to be on pitch. Karaoke Revolution's End of the World As We Know It made that abundently clear.....I just went AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and scored perfect LOL

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

of course you dont' actually have to sing the lyrics in those games, you just have to be on pitch. Karaoke Revolution's End of the World As We Know It made that abundently clear.....I just went AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and scored perfect LOL

If you set the game to the beginner difficulty all that matters is singing on time. You don't have to worry about pitch. Or stick with No Sleep Till Brooklin. Pitch doesn't matter on any difficulty.

"In what, twisted universe does mastering Eddie Van Halen's two handed arpeggio technique count as ABSOLUTELY NOTHING?!" - Dr Gregory House

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

For a guy that doesn't play the ripping distortion I'm used to, his sound has a lot of attitude!

Oh man! you are the first person I've have ever heard imply that Ted Nugent's sound was lame. :roll:

You are used to synthesized distortion. If you want to hear what real tube amp distortion sounds like, check out Ted here. Make sure you listen to the whole video, Ted gets a little wild around 6:20. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRiw4vZxSj4

Trust me, if you heard Ted Nugent live, you would think his distortion insane, because it was.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@grungesunset)
Honorable Member
Topic starter  

For a guy that doesn't play the ripping distortion I'm used to, his sound has a lot of attitude!

Oh man! you are the first person I've have ever heard imply that Ted Nugent's sound was lame. :roll:

You are used to synthesized distortion. If you want to hear what real tube amp distortion sounds like, check out Ted here. Make sure you listen to the whole video, Ted gets a little wild around 6:20. :shock:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRiw4vZxSj4

Trust me, if you heard Ted Nugent live, you would think his distortion insane, because it was.

I don't think it's lame at all. It's lighter than what I'm used to listening to but heavier than anything else I've heard come out of that era (including Zeppelin). Not sure why he stands out from the other guitarists from the 60's and 70's but he does.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2