Skip to content
Recomend me a decen...

Notifications
Clear all

Recomend me a decent low priced classical guitar.

7 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@gchord)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

The more I pick up my Yamaha Apex classical,the more I want a true full size classical guitar. Some that have caught my attention,one a Yamaha for $139.It doesn't need to be a solid wood or even a solid top.What it does need is to be a full size classical.My Apex is a thin body with cutaway,and the fretboard/nut is thinner,almost dreadnaught size.I want the wide fretboard/nut size at least 2",may be a little more if I can find one in my price range. Looking between $100-$300.I'll be looking around tomorrow.Any suggestions will be appriecated. Thanks.

(@lue42)
Reputable Member

La Patrie Etude.

'Nuf said.

:)

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

Admira make excellent student guitars - I have two, one of which I use for teaching

Alhambra also make excellent kit. I use an Alhambra 4P on stage

Both companies make a range of guitars from beginner to concert level. You can't go wrong with either.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@fanaticguitars)

Hello, Alhambra 4P is one of the best selling classical guitar from Alhambra Guitars, so it is a good choice for semi professional guitarists.. However we recommend beginners to start with a Student Series guitar, such as Alhambra 1C or Alhambra 3C. If you have any question about Alhambra models, we will be happy to provide all info needed.

ReplyQuote
(@alangreen)

I have an Alhambra 4P - it's got a nice light sound but and I use it professionally to play weddings or whenever I need to sound seriously good.

Also good - Admira guitars. They're comparably priced and sound good. I use them at weddings too

Ask your local guitar shop - they should be able to get one for you; they may even have some on the rack that you can try.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

ReplyQuote
(@martmiguel)
Eminent Member

Admira, Yamaha or Alhambra
I personally own a Yamaha C40 it is a very decent guitar.

Director of:
Cursos de guitarra eléctrica y acústica
ClasesdeguitarraYoutube

ReplyQuote
(@orao_22)

I've taken my first lessons on an Alhambra guitar, I can confirm it's a solid choice for a beginner who's short on budget.

ReplyQuote