Notifications
Clear all

People who work in music stores

51 Posts
23 Users
0 Likes
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

Sound Control, it's the best store I've visited up north so far..... though I haven't gone to that many but it beats music ground and woods aka dolphin music. Are you in the UK too?
No, I live in Germany, in deepest Beervaria, about 35Km outside of Munich. I still have my old Ma and my brother living in Leeds, so I make the time to visit the Calls, when I'm over in England. I'm not sure that I know Sound Control, where is it?
The place I go to look for bargains is across the road from Music Ground, a couple of doors down from Hobgoblin or whatever the place is called. It's 2 shops in one building - downstairs electric gear and upstairs acoustic.
My wife come from Shipley, so I spend some time in Bradford - there is a good place on Westgate, near John Street market, if you like to grub around for something different (amps and stuff are in the cellar). He also has a filing cabinet full to bursting with sheet music.

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Gah I went back again, I go there for sheet music cos theres nowhere else in my town and it turns out they had a real Gibson LP all along how little that man must know about his own store. :shock:

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

Or they just took some new stock in.

Or he wants to buy it.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

ReplyQuote
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

Lately I only go to the music store to buy strings and look around, I'm currently to broke to buy the Zakk Wilde Les Paul i want badly.

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@biker_jim_uk)
Honorable Member

There are 2 Soundcontrols in Leeds, I go to the one near Jimmy's hospital, my father-in-law was friends with Sam there who has now left to manage the Sheffield branch!

ReplyQuote
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member
Topic starter  

Aye I've been to both the people at soundcontrol seem sorted :)

together we stand, divided we fall..........

ReplyQuote
Page 4 / 4