Famed Member
Topic starter  

Bobby McFerrin... awesome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne6tB2KiZuk

KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

That was cool.
The performance by the audience was as interesting as the performer's.
I guess somethings are hard-wired into us.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

That's a great example of the anticipation factor. The last GN colab we did had a spot towards the end of each section where the tune, if it had followed suit, was supposed to change chords. It just kept on going on the chord it was on for what seemed like an eternity, but was probably only one or two measures long. That build up in anticipation could actually trigger anxiety from what I understand, and can easily imagine.

There are two songs I played the other day. Both songs from Pink Floyd's, "The Wall". "Mother" and "Nobody Home". Both songs end not on the song's key, but in mid chord progression. Waters used anticipation and not fullfilling the anticipation on the listener as some form of statement, I guess.

Anyhow, thanks for posting this, Nuno. It was kewl. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote