Clear all

Now I know where all the plecs go!

6 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

And the answer is - in the washing machine filter. Had to call the repairman out - washer was flooding the kitchen. Not one of those filters you can actually get at yourself, and if I'd tried, it'd have nullified the warranty.

So there was about half a pound of gunk, 87p in loose change, couple of hairpins, two collar stiffeners - and seven plecs. Seven! One Jim Dunlop yellow nylon 80mm, one Stagg nylon 1.21mm, three Grover Allman mediums, and two plain white (well, not THAT white anymore!) thin plastic plecs.

The weird thing is - not ONE of them was bought by me! I think the Stagg one was given to me by Darth Ordinary - he liked the grip on them, gave me one to try. But the others - nope, nothing to do with me. The last plecs I bought were in 2005, and they were from the Cavern in Liverpool. We bought the washer about the same time. Scratching my head, wondering where the heck they've come from!

So if you can't find a plec anywhere - after you've searched under the cushions, try the washing machine filter. Hey, with the change we found in there, I could actually afford another 2-3 plecs - if I ever used 'em, that is!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Vic wrote - and seven plecs. Seven! One Jim Dunlop yellow nylon 80mm

Thats one seriously very thick plec there Vic!

No wonder your filter blocked, you must have had huge holes in the washing drum too.

I know it's a typo on the decimal point but I thought it was hilarious when I read it.

Cheers,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

That 80 mm pick isn't to big is it?

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

okay, okay, okay......it was a typo! .80mm!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Did you find any Dunlop thins in there? They might be mine if so. Sorry if I broke your washing machine Vic. :oops:

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

ReplyQuote