Clear all

My first guitar

24 Posts
12 Users
0 Likes
(@cheesehead54)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I don't want to jinx this, but I have to tell someone. I went on an adventure to find my first guitar. I sold it back in 1969. That kind of dates me I guess. With the power of the internet in hand I have found my first guitar and my first amp. I am wondering if anyone has heard of a wilson guitar from about 1965. I don't remember the brand of guitar, It was kind of a strat looking guitar and the man who has it, or at least his nephew has it, thinks it was a wilson. He is willing to sell it back to me, but is finding out how much it is worth. The amp is a Kalamazoo. It is a small tube amp. Is there a web site I can go to and find different guitars built in that era. My parents bought it for me when I was 12 and they didn't have a lot of money, so I was thinking it would be a low end guitar. I will own this soon. I can't imagine playing a guitar I owned over 40 years ago. I am like a little kid at x-mas. As soon as I have it in hand I will post pics. Is this common. I tried to find my 2nd guitar. I came to a halt when I found out it was trashed and thrown in a dumpster by an angry girlfiend. oh well.

Thanks for listening.

(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

that is so cool man to get your first guitar back after 40 years! :D
B.T.W. welcome man. :D :D

ReplyQuote
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Wow! Nice story! :shock:

Send us the pictures ASAP!

Congrats and welcome to GN!

ReplyQuote
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Searching eBay's finished auctions is a good way to establish a "street price."

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

ReplyQuote
(@mr-blue-eyes)
Trusted Member

I hope your reunighted with your first guitar, hope to see some picture when you get it back and maybe some recordings

ReplyQuote
(@bruce-page)
Eminent Member

I am picking them up this weekend. It is a Winston guitar ( Japanese made) 1966. The amp is a Kalamazoo Model 2. I'm so excited. Pictures will follow.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

did you change your username man?

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

That's cool man. I recently had the urge to find my first guitar which my parents bought for me in the 80's. After looking at a couple photos of me with it and searching on the Internet, I managed to find the model. It was a Yamaha SE200.

I have no idea how I would go about finding the actual guitar, but I have found a couple for sale. I think if I can find one in metalic blue, I'm going to buy it. Here is one in white: http://www.wherezit.com/listing_show.php?lid=273220

ReplyQuote
(@cheesehead54)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

crkt246.
I was at work when I posted last. I am listed as a newbee, but I have followed this site for years. I have learned more from you guys than I have anywhere else.

ReplyQuote
(@crkt246)
Honorable Member

I was talking about the post maid by BRUCE PAGE was that you?

ReplyQuote
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

How did you find your first guitar after 40 years? You mean the actual one you owned or just the same model? If it's the actual guitar you owned did you keep the serial number or something? If it is man that seems like a one in a billion chance.

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@cheesehead54)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

crk246 Bruce Page is my real name.

cnev. I got lucky. I went to school with the son of the person I sold it to. I was camping with an old buddy of mine and we were sitting around the campfire. I know this sounds phoney, but I mentioned to my buddies wife that i was searching for it and who owned it and she said she knew him and what town he lived in. I made several calls until I found him. His father had passed about 5 years ago and they gave the guitar to his nephew who is now in the navy. Some more calls and a little sucking up and there you have it. And then to find out it still has the amp with it, thats a plus.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Congrats! You're a true muso :)
Is this common?
It is in my experience. I've grown up around a lot of guitarists of various ages/abilities/personalities, and just about everyone has talked about wishing they'd never sold such-and-such a guitar, often their first. It's the whole reason my first is sat right here by my side, warts-n-all ;)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Wow, Kewl story. Hope it all works out ok. are you planning on doing a restoration/upgrade?
can't wait to see how this all works out.

#4491....

ReplyQuote
(@cheesehead54)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I will make sure everything works, but as far as modifying it I might have to leave it alone. I have others I can play around with. Picking it up tomorrow night. Will have pics Sat night.

ReplyQuote
Page 1 / 2