Skip to content
How many here own b...

Notifications
Clear all

How many here own both a acoustic and electric guitars?

21 Posts
21 Users
0 Likes
(@hobson)
Noble Member

2 electrics, 2 acoustics, and 1 acoustic-electric. At least 80 % of my time is spent on the acoustic-electric, usually unplugged. One of the acoustics doesn't get played anymore. It was never a good fit for me. I'm thinking of selling it or donating it to a school program. The other acoustic is an old beater played only on camping trips. My personal playing is mostly fingerstyle. Most of the time on the electrics is to accompany my community chorus.

I also have an acoustic mandolin. It gets very little attention.

Renee

ReplyQuote
(@tinsmith)
Prominent Member

My Guild, an old classical, a very old 12 string beater for open tunings only.....acoustics. Oh ya, a 5 string banjo.

A Strat, an Epi LP a cheapo reso which has mini humbucker type pickups.........

Right now I play mostly electric.

ReplyQuote
(@mahal)
Estimable Member

A steel, a nylon, a 12 string, a semi hollow electric and a bass. Bass for church but most of my playing is on nylon. However lately its been the steel.

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

A half dozen electrics...I think, and a dozen acoustics. I used to play acoustic exclusively, but now I'm probably reaching 50/50

ReplyQuote
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

I used to play acoustic exclusively, but now I'm probably reaching 50/50

"You don't understand the power of the dark side." - Darth Vader

"That place…is strong with the dark side of the Force." – Yoda

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

What if I was playing my acoustic guitar amped with effects. Then it can be counted as two in one ? 8)

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2