Skip to content
For those who "...

Notifications
Clear all

For those who "STILL" has their first guitar?

25 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
(@ness-k)
Estimable Member

Well, my first guitar is currently my only guitar, and the only thing i've changed about it is different colour holding pins, and some marking writing

"The Beauty of Music is my Sanity. Without it, I would simply lose my gravity, and blow away with the breeze." - Ness K(Aka Matt Harris)

ReplyQuote
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I still have mine. It's been beat up, dropped down, kicked, vomited upon, frozen in winter and sweltered in the summer from staying in the garage for many years. The knobs have been pulled off by mentally challenged kids. It's cracked, scratched and the pups don't work. In other words, it's priceless.

Here's a link to a recent discussion
https://www.guitarnoise.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=39777

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

ReplyQuote
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

My Martin Stinger ST2 has had several decale changes over the years. At one time it was covered in rock band bumper stickers. How I got that guitar lookin' as nice as it does is beyond me. I really don't play it either, wasn't the right guitar for me when I started playing guitar years ago.

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

ReplyQuote
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Yep, sat right behind me right now, plugged into my amp no less :) It's a Kay ET200 that I got for £35 half my life ago - it's hacked and mangled, new pickup, extra pickup, more switches etc., but not all by me.

I've grown up around musos, and every single guitarist I've ever talked to for more than about 10 minutes has told me how much they regret losing their first guitar, so I was (and am) determined to always hang on to it. In fact, I've gone so far as to say I'll never get rid of any of my guitars once I know them properly. It's making upgrading impossible, and I'm up to 7 so storage is a pain already, but I love 'em all :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

ReplyQuote
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

Hey Misanthrope.... Thankx for posting about your Kay.
I know that it has some similarity with my first guitar; so I looked up the ET200 model....
not what I have; though after about an hour of follow ups from that search,
I finally found out that my guitar is in fact a Harmony Stratotone (model 160?).

A 30 year mystery solved! :D

Ken

ps - Also thankx to you, I really want a Kay (3 pup) Speed Demon now!!!! :mrgreen:

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

ReplyQuote
(@aleholder)
Trusted Member

I still have my Aria Pro II strat clone. I've had it rewired so that I can get all of the different pickup combinations, but that's it for mods. It still plays nice. :)

ReplyQuote
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I had a Yamaha SE200 back in 1983 or so. It was my first guitar. I traded it long ago, but I wish I still had it. I recently saw one show up on Craigslist for $180 but it's in Vermont, about 2 hours from my house. I'm thinking about maybe taking a ride but with gas prices, it would end up costing me another $40!

http://nh.craigslist.org/msg/697315655.html

ReplyQuote
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter  

Offer a little less to help make up for the gas?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

ReplyQuote
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

You know I forgot all about it. I do still have my first guitar. I don't have my first acoustic, but I do have my first electric.

It's a 1970-ish Gibson SG-200

ReplyQuote
(@rahul)
Famed Member

That SG still looks in a pretty good condition !

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2