Skip to content
Cover from left fie...

Notifications
Clear all

Cover from left field ... Can you guess?

22 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

Ok I guess it is a bit left field for you guys but not as left as I would have expected. I was thinking maybe Justin Beiber meets Randy Rhoades

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

It is up in Hear Here! Or, click here -------------> http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=476208&content=songinfo&songID=11914837

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

not to be too critical, but it sounds like you're a key or two too low for your voice. a capo might help. it's better to fit the music to the voice than trying to do the opposite.
as for the playing, the intro riff was a little off, but then the instruments get into it pretty good. not bad.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

not to be too critical, but it sounds like you're a key or two too low for your voice. a capo might help. it's better to fit the music to the voice than trying to do the opposite.
as for the playing, the intro riff was a little off, but then the instruments get into it pretty good. not bad.
Hmmm? I'm playing detuned to Eb (as always) and struggling to hit the high notes as it is. Any higher and it would be imposible for me to reach the notes. Those high notes are the very top of my range. Lower would be more comfortable for me. I could see you saying I should play a key or two lower. A capo would be pointless though as there are no open chords in the whole piece. I used all barre chords. There isn't a single open string in the song. I can play in any key I want without a capo. Thanks for giving it a listen though.

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

well, maybe it was too high then. in any case, it sounded like you were struggling a little vocally.
the original song is in c. you can play with open chords if you capo 1 if you're playing in e flat.

ReplyQuote
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I sound like I'm struggling vocally because I am. I can not sing so no matter the key I have to work very hard to try to sing in key. Believe it or not I'm improving.
the original song is in c. you can play with open chords if you capo 1 if you're playing in e flat.

Or tune to standard tuning or move up one fret with my barre chords. I chose not to use open chords on purpose.

Oh, and PS ... the song if you check the sheet music is in the key of G I believe. The first chord in the song is a C.

See guys, I have been trying to pay attention to standard notation as well as tab. F is sharp in the key signature in the key of G major, right?

ReplyQuote
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

you're right. it's in g. and f is sharp in g.

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2