Clear all

Breedlove Passport vs Pursuit

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

wow.....it's been......a loooooong time. Really long.

Hey guys, I've been thinking of upgrading my guitar that I bought probably 5-6 years ago because I'm thinking I'd like an acoustic electric with a cut away.

So I'm looking the Breedlove Pursuit series which is around $500.

I currently own the SMP C/200 Passport acoustic dreadnought. While I like it, I think a little upgrade might be good. It was originally $300, so I'm not sure the bump in quality would exceed the bump in price.

Thoughts?

Looking at this -- http://www.samash.com/limited-edition-pursuit-concert-ziricote-acoustic-electric-guitar-bpurconzr-p

And

http://www.samash.com/pursuit-dreadnought-mahogany-acoustic-electric-guitar-bpurconcx-p

Thanks for any help folks!

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

(@srmac)

For that amount of increase in price, I would suggest hands on playing. You might also consider used instruments in your area and try them out too. I own a 12 string Breedlove Passport. I think of upgrading to the concert solo or the all myrtlewood. I am not sure that I could hear that much difference. Use your ear to decide. Good luck.

ReplyQuote
(@joehempel)
Famed Member
Topic starter  

I went with the Pursuit. I couldn't hear much of a difference between that and guitars that were $1k. Playability was even better.

So for $325 (It was "blemished" couldn't tell why though, just said it was returned, so $325).

I gotta say that the used instruments around here, suck bad. They are way over priced in my opinion. Just sold my Passport Breedlove (I meant to say Discovery in the topic), that was $300 to begin with, I got $200 at a retail store, so you know they are marking that up too high

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

ReplyQuote