The Great Guitarnoise Free Jam Project

59 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
20.6 K Views
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Hey im gonna start a jam project. I can make the backing track, a hard rock progression in A Minor. I need people to sign up and record parts, than sen d tem to the mixer. If it comes together, itll be awesome. any type of hard rock/metal welcome. I personally will be contributing as a soloist a harmonized solo and a short shred sectoin. Heres the sign up.

Soloists
1.guitar_monkey

Mixer................................

YEAH! GUITAR ROCK! I ROCK! YOU ROCK! HAHA, YEAH RIGHT. LOL. ROCK ON!

Posted : 22/01/2005 12:27 am
(@fiberoptik)
Estimable Member

I dont quite have the neccessary skill.. But what a kick ass Idea :)

LOL at the auto editing above!!! hahaha

Posted : 22/01/2005 1:19 am
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

noone likes to jam?

Posted : 22/01/2005 2:14 am
(@cmaracz)
Reputable Member

Just a suggestion, perhaps next time it'sd be better to start by asking who would be interested, and any other ideas people may have.

Then again I have never been invovled in an internet jam nor have seen one set up.

Posted : 22/01/2005 2:28 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

It's a great idea and I hope it comes off....but I reckon there are a lot of GN members who would consider themselves beginners/learners and would probably feel a bit embarrassed at playing along with someone with a high level of competence....then add to that the fact that a lot of members, especially beginners, may only have an acoustic.....

Why not record the backing track (say on audacity...then you could send it to people as an aup file ....er that's Audacity project....then anyone else who has Audacity could actually overdub....) or you could send it as an mp3, convert it to a wav file (ask Smokindog how to do that, he did it to one of my songs!!!!) and, again overdub.....

Sorry for seeming a bit negative, but I think you'll find a lot of people, as soon as they hear the word "Shredding" will think "that's way outta my league".....I hope I'm wrong, but anyway....best of luck!!!!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 22/01/2005 3:59 am
(@guitar_monkey)
Estimable Member
Topic starter

You dont have to do anyhting other than basic pentatonic licks guys. dont say your not good enough its just a freaking jam.

Posted : 22/01/2005 6:03 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

GMunk-

Don't get too hung up about signing people to this -- just record and post your rhythm track. If people feel inspired, they will contribute. For a first shot, it might be easier if you make a 30 to 45 second track and loop it. That way it will be easier to string in solos without worrying about signup logistics. If you want to get a little fancier, make an intro, outro and bridge, as well.

Mixing requires inspiration, too. You might consider letting more than one person take a hack at it assembling and mixing the result and see what happens.

If I can add anything interesting or see a way I can help, I'll contribute -- if not, I won't.

Moderators: Consider moving this thread down to the Internet Jam or Hear Here sections.

-Greg

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 22/01/2005 7:07 pm
(@rodya-s-thompson)
Estimable Member

Sounds like a lot of fun! Count me in (but my contribution will probably come sometime around March, next time I'm home and have access to Garageband / my 1/4" jack -> Microphone jack cable)!

Also, I like gnease's idea. Make it kind of like "Do They Know It's Christmas?", and just allow for parts where people can solo.

Mine's going to be interesting though, I can assure you that! Slides, bends, some harmonics (pinch and otherwise), a bit of tapping, it's a little ambitious for an intermediate player, but i'll work it out :D

Henry Garza, Saul Hudson, and Darrell Abbott could not be here tonight, but they all had sex and are proud to announce the birth of their two-headed baby, Rodya S. Thompson.

- Paraphrased from the Tenacious D series

Posted : 22/01/2005 7:31 pm
(@yoyo286)
Noble Member

Sorry.. I suck so ill probably be an embarresment... Oh well, theres always next year :roll:

Stairway to Freebird!

Posted : 22/01/2005 8:30 pm
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

I don't play electric, but I'll have a go.

Posted : 22/01/2005 10:00 pm
(@gnease)
Illustrious Member

Sorry.. I suck so ill probably be an embarresment... Oh well, theres always next year :roll:

So play something simple and with conviction and do it several times. Then let whoever is mixing extract the best stuff and use it. It's only sorta live ...

... which reminds me: When recording, each contributor should do his/her parts on separate track from the backing track. That way the mixing engineer can "help" those who might wish a little editing.

-G

-=tension & release=-

Posted : 22/01/2005 10:57 pm
(@rollnrock89)
Reputable Member

I agree he should record the backing track first and host it somewhere. That way people can give it a listen, maybe try to making up something to go with it. If they think its any good, they can submit their part ot him. That way noone has any obligations, it would be a contribute if you come up with anything cool.

The first time I heard a Beatles song was "Let It Be." Some little kid was singing along with it: "Let it pee, let it pee" and pretending he was taking a leak. Hey, that's what happened, OK?-some guy

Posted : 23/01/2005 1:14 am
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

Sign me up man! Send me the backing track somehow so i can hear it, then i will send you my solo.

littlelovepossum AT gmail.com is my adress.

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

Posted : 23/01/2005 2:00 am
 Kyle
(@kyle)
Reputable Member

btw I have audicity if u wanna send it as an aup file

The meaning of life? I've never heard a simpler question! Music.

Posted : 23/01/2005 2:03 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Hey Kyle, what is a "aup" file and how does it work? I have just started using audacity for editing my analog recordings (its awsome) and i am trying to learn all the ins and out of this program, thanks--the dog

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 23/01/2005 6:46 am
Page 1 / 4