Looking for two more partners for GN funk jam EDIT: got'em

19 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I was late to the party, but looks like not too late. There are two of us (me and Astonefox), we need two more to make a team. Any takers?

EDIT:

Ok, we are now good to go!

Slot assignments:
slot 1: dl0571
slot 2: vink
slot 3: astonefox
slot 4: misanthrope

Will finalize on a name and send it to Bish tonight!

--vink
"Life is either an adventure or nothing" -- Helen Keller

Posted : 10/01/2007 3:24 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

I'll have a go, I've got the bug now :mrgreen:

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 10/01/2007 10:15 am
(@astonefox)
Estimable Member

the U.K and cali in full effect! Hammer don't hurt 'em. :mrgreen:

Posted : 10/01/2007 4:17 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I'll have a go, I've got the bug now :mrgreen:

Great! You wanted the last segment, that's fine.

I will take either segment 2; astonefox is debating whether to take the first segment or not. Depending on that, we will have either the first or third segment open.

Need one more volunteer!

(And any good ideas for the team name is welcome .. )

--vink

Posted : 10/01/2007 4:41 pm
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

Can someone give me some details on this? I know how these jams generally work but what are the specifics of this one. I've never actually done one but I'm interested.

Vink, if you could PM me with the specs like what type of playing you want (funk is pretty open ended), the key, the backing track we'd be using, and most importantly how much time I'd have to put my part together, I'll let you know if I can do it.

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

Posted : 10/01/2007 5:26 pm
(@lavadave)
Trusted Member

I've never done one of these online jams before, but I'll give it a try if there's still a spot open

Posted : 10/01/2007 7:33 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Can someone give me some details on this? I know how these jams generally work but what are the specifics of this one. I've never actually done one but I'm interested.

Vink, if you could PM me with the specs like what type of playing you want (funk is pretty open ended), the key, the backing track we'd be using, and most importantly how much time I'd have to put my part together, I'll let you know if I can do it.

The backing track is on the first page of the GN Funk Jam page. From there, pick an open slot in one of the current jams or get with a group of 3 others and start your own team.

Good luck with which ever you attempt to do.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/01/2007 8:24 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I've never done one of these online jams before, but I'll give it a try if there's still a spot open

Looks like this one is filled, but you can form up another team!

--vink

Posted : 10/01/2007 8:47 pm
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member

Lavadave, There are two jams, at least, going on right now. The GN Funk Jam and Jam Incubator by margaret. That one is for first timers specifically but you don't have to start there. You can get involved in any jams if you are fast enough. That seems to be the fun of it. Everyone really enjoys these so you have to keep your eyes peeled.

You should be able to get into either of the two that are going on if you can find 3 others to make the team.

Good luck and we look forward to hearing what you got. :wink: :twisted: :D

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 10/01/2007 10:01 pm
(@margaret)
Noble Member

Lavadave,

There is one open spot on Team 6 of the Jam Incubator, if you'd like in. It's a soft rock jam especially for beginner guitarists and folks who've never participated in a GN collaboration/jam.

There are three threads going on about the Jam Incubator, all with important information:

Two on the Online Jams and Collaborations forum: first, "Jam Incubator - Collabo for Beginners"; and second, "Sticky--Jam Incubator-What to Submit to the Host"

and

One on the Beginner's Q & A forum, titled "Cattle Call for Beginner Guitarists".

Let me know ASAP (via PM or posting on the "Jam Incubator-Collabo for Beginners" thread) if you want this spot.

Margaret

When my mind is free, you know a melody can move me
And when I'm feelin' blue, the guitar's comin' through to soothe me ~

Posted : 11/01/2007 12:30 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

dl0571, vink, astonefox: How goes it? I'm struggling a little myself. Still giving it plenty of effort though :wink:

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:23 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I'm struggling too .. I've been doing more bluesy stuff, and haven't really done any funk, so it's kind of hard. And I have been struggling to find enough time too. So, you are ahead of the game!

--vink

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:50 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Pah!, you haven't heard my attempts :wink:

Posted : 17/01/2007 4:56 pm
(@dl0571)
Reputable Member

I've had trouble getting the time too. I've laid down a few tracks that are ok, but nothing that blows me away and nothing even remotely "funk"y. I did manage to get some weird alien cat sound on one of my attempts but can't replicate it at all :shock:

At this point though, I got nothing. I was just working on it, did about 20 takes, got annoyed and gave up, started improving over a Derek Trucks Band song and got one of the coolest blues segments I've ever played. Why oh why wasn't I recording then?

"How could you possibly be scared of being bad? Once you get past that, it's all beautiful." -Trey Anastasio

Posted : 18/01/2007 11:45 pm
 vink
(@vink)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Astonefox and I have sent in our parts to Bish .. how are you guys doing?

--vink

Posted : 04/02/2007 3:57 am
Page 1 / 2