Skip to content
Join The Virtual Ba...

Notifications
Clear all

Join The Virtual Band (Recreational Chemistry)

44 Posts
9 Users
0 Likes
20.7 K Views
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hope things get better Vic. We'll be here when you need us bud!

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 19/08/2010 4:11 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Vic, sorry to hear that. I was not reading the forums these days. I hope she gets well soon.

Posted : 21/08/2010 9:19 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Hey Guys!
Just taking a pulse check and making sure we are all on the same page. Here's our status thus far.

John - In progress- writing out the chord progression for the song Time Again. When complete, I think our next steps should be to record a basic rhythm track with vocals. (We'll need to decide who is singing, etc...)

Matt - Sending Jeff our emails to include on the file sharing website.

Vic is MIA at the moment (I beleive) and will be back when he gets things straightened out.

Side note. I was unable to use Pro Tools to record music. Don't know what happened. So I just got my computer up and running again. Reformatted the hard drive. Installed windows, etc...A lot of work but Pro Tools is working now. :D

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 28/08/2010 1:17 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Side note. I was unable to use Pro Tools to record music. Don't know what happened. So I just got my computer up and running again. Reformatted the hard drive. Installed windows, etc...A lot of work but Pro Tools is working now. :D

I feel for you. Were you able to back up your settings? I had to reinstall mine a couple months ago and I'm still finding presets for VSTs and such that I missed during the backup.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 28/08/2010 1:21 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I feel for you. Were you able to back up your settings? I had to reinstall mine a couple months ago and I'm still finding presets for VSTs and such that I missed during the backup.

Nope. I lost a few of the discs that I had purchased. Lost most of my effects. I now only have the basic stuff. But I'm just happy I can record again. Also lost the setup disc for my Line 6 Tone Port. Will have to see if they will send another.

You're using Pro Tools? That's great! I can send you my session files. Oh man... Hey, I've been working with that drum beat you gave me. Will send you what I have so far.

Posted : 28/08/2010 4:45 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Nope. I lost a few of the discs that I had purchased. Lost most of my effects. I now only have the basic stuff. But I'm just happy I can record again. Also lost the setup disc for my Line 6 Tone Port. Will have to see if they will send another.

You're using Pro Tools? That's great! I can send you my session files. Oh man... Hey, I've been working with that drum beat you gave me. Will send you what I have so far.

Hate that for you!

No PT here, I use Reaper. Much cheaper and very, very powerful. So we'll have to send rendered tracks back and forth. Just have to remember to record from 0:00 so everything lines up.

Posted : 28/08/2010 8:57 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ya know??? You already told me that. Man I hate getting old(er).

Posted : 29/08/2010 9:52 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

hello band mates. I just found this thread.
so the song we are going to do is Time Again.
cool.
what part do you want me to do. fills? lead, rhythm?
I think if there is a set tempo everything should go easier.
will there be drums? if so, what is the BPM (JWMartin asked me btw).
I have about five days or so before I take off for my month long road trip.

so where are we at?
weho is the band leader calling the shots?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 30/08/2010 2:32 pm
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

I guess blue is the leader since he started this ball rolling. Do we want to do it at the tempo of Celt's cover? A little more up tempo?

I'm going to go ahead and start laying out some basic drums for it, once we pick a tempo, I can adjust them to it. When we get some guitar and stuff laid down, I can go back and add some fills and other enhancements.

Posted : 31/08/2010 2:20 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I mapped out Vic's version to be at 109 BPM. I would think that the tempo "could" change for the chorus just to mix things up a bit. At the least, a different beat/pattern. Sent you all a PM with deas for next steps.

Jeff, I'm assuming that you will be making several changes to the drums once we get rolling. Once everyone has had an opportunity to listen to the "full version" my guess is that we'll will always have tweaks as it moves along. (Just agreeing with what you said)

BTW, I'm looking into getting a toll free number for us to have a conference call. I just need to get the costs. If I can swing it, it would be great to at least talk to one another about what to do/how to do it for each of these songs. 8)

Posted : 31/08/2010 4:45 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I sent Matt (Blueline) a PM earlier - I'll sit this one out, for the simple reason that this is the first time anyone's ever covered one of my songs, and I'm really interested as to how it'll turn out without any further input from me other than lyrics and the original MP3.

I know EXACTLY how it SHOULD sound in MY head - but I like John's demo so much, I'm just going to leave this one to you and see how it comes out.

I have an idea for the next GN song to cover - but I'll wait till this one's finished first, or nearly finished anyway, before I put it forward....and it's another song that started life in the SSG. Not one of mine, but I did have some input as to music....

Anyway, get the hell on with it, you guys - I can't wait to hear how this finishes up.....

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 01/09/2010 12:35 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Guys, I did not get a chance to record today. Will keep on it though.

Yeah Vic...get the heck outta the way. I mean its only YOUR song! :lol: I like the idea dude. And I must say, I don't think I could be as courageous if it were my song.

Posted : 01/09/2010 3:50 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

I have been listening to John's version and following the lead sheet that was sent in the e mails. I am pretty sure I can adda lap steel track. there are some spots slide fills, depending on what the other guitars are doing. slide sounds great on the chorus.
nice song Vic.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 01/09/2010 11:20 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

I have been listening to John's version and following the lead sheet that was sent in the e mails. I am pretty sure I can adda lap steel track. there are some spots slide fills, depending on what the other guitars are doing. slide sounds great on the chorus.
nice song Vic.

Sounds good to me. I was thinking along the same lines

:note1: :note1: :note1:

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 02/09/2010 12:40 am
Page 3 / 3