Clear all

Dan's Jam

82 Posts
14 Users
0 Likes
22.2 K Views
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I had a whack at it. Messed with it. Butchered it. Hated what I had done but not letting you hear how badly I can massacre it was not in me. Sorry. I left the groove all alone as It's the only thing that sounded as it should. :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/hue-nery/hue-audio-sampler

Posted : 25/04/2007 7:20 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I actually really like what you did Hue! 8) I just PM'd you too. :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/04/2007 11:33 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

Thanks Dan. It's really hard to "add" to something which, to my ears, is essentially complete.

Posted : 25/04/2007 6:06 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

Man I'm having a hard time making my Strat compliment the mix. I'm needing more crunch.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 27/04/2007 3:13 pm
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

A&L Just be creative with it. Just because it sounds heavy doesn't mean your solo has to sound heavy to sit in. What are you using to record?

Posted : 27/04/2007 3:23 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

A&L Just be creative with it. Just because it sounds heavy doesn't mean your solo has to sound heavy to sit in.

Good advice Hue! :D

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 27/04/2007 4:05 pm
(@coloradofenderbender)
Noble Member

I like this one. It is different from most of the other jams. I am going to have to play around with it this weekend & see if anything good bubbles to the top. In my head, I hear two guitars playing in harmony. Thanks for the chords - saves me time having to figure it out myself.

Posted : 27/04/2007 4:16 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Glad to have you aboard CFB! 8) I'll PM you my email addy. The twin guitar harmony idea sounds cool. :D

Dan

Posted : 27/04/2007 6:46 pm
 Celt
(@celt)
Famed Member

A&L Just be creative with it. Just because it sounds heavy doesn't mean your solo has to sound heavy to sit in.

I just submitted my piece and it's totally not heavy.

John

My SoundClick Page

Collaborations

" It's easier than waiting around to die" Townes Van Zandt

Posted : 27/04/2007 7:15 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I just submitted my piece and it's totally not heavy.

John

But it is very cool! 8) Got it & gave it a quick listen at work - sounds good John! :D

Dan

Posted : 27/04/2007 9:13 pm
(@artlutherie)
Noble Member

A&L Just be creative with it. Just because it sounds heavy doesn't mean your solo has to sound heavy to sit in. What are you using to record?

My interface isn't the best but it works. I've got Guitar(Strat)->Danelectro Honeytone headphone amp(with distortion on, Audacity doesn't seem to have distortion))->Audacity. I'm recording dry and adding effects later.

Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear!
ChuckNorrisFactsdotCom

Posted : 28/04/2007 3:38 am
(@hueseph)
Noble Member

I'd have to suggest using Kristal. It's a better program for multitracking. It also allows for real time use of VST effects of which there are tons of free ones available. Particularly tubebaby which has a great fender twin type sound and the MDA effects suite which has a jcm900 emulator among other things. There are also the kjaerhaus classic plugins for compression, eq, verb and the like. Anyway, sorry to hijack this thread.

Posted : 28/04/2007 5:32 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

No problem Hue - good info you're giving out - nothing wrong with that. :D

Well, the jam is off to a good start, with some jammers already submitting their versions. Some good stuff coming in. 8) Plenty of time for everyone else, and new people to jump in too, so don't feel rushed. Have fun with it! :D Just to keep things organized; here's the progress report so far:

OneWingedAngel - Done

Hueseph - Done

Celt - Done

Chuckster

Kalle in Sweden

art&lutherie

ColoradoFenderBender

Dan T.

8)
Dan

Posted : 28/04/2007 2:19 pm
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Dan, I'm a bit snowed under at the moment and not sure I can get something in by the deadline.

I'll see what I can do cos I really want a go at this one but don't hold things up on my account.

Sorry 'bout that but life just got very hectic all of a sudden.

Cheers.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

Posted : 01/05/2007 6:02 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

No problem chuckster, I understand. Still have a month to go though, (6/1/07 is the deadline), so plenty of time. :D

Dan

BTW, a new Gibson LP would sound sweet on this! 8) :twisted:

Posted : 01/05/2007 11:24 am
Page 2 / 6