Skip to content
The TWINS ARE BORN!...

Notifications
Clear all

The TWINS ARE BORN!!! (UPDATE) Mama expecting TWINS!

92 Posts
18 Users
0 Likes
13.2 K Views
(@mrjonesey)
Honorable Member
Topic starter

Vic - Thanks for the sentiment and the good advice. My wife still doesn't seem very wild about any of the names on my list. I think I can have all the fun I want with the list and playing with different names, but when it comes down to it, she's going to just tell me the names once she figures them out. She's really not even trying... it's like when the time is right, she will just know.

I really like the name Kayleigh and I also liked the name Harleigh, but they wouldn't work with the middle name Lee (wifes middle name).

I also know what you mean about being afraid to open your mouth because you are ashamed of your name.. my middle name is Harlow, which is an old family name. I had to endure the laughs every time someone found out. It wasn't until I was much older that I decided I was really OK with the name. I actually like it now.

I am also against "weird" names, I just really didn't think of any of the names on my list as being weird (well, except for maybe Lyric...which isn't really being seriously considered, but I keep it there as a thought starter).

Oh, and love will definitely NOT be a problem. :D

Thanks again!

Jim

"There won't be any money. But when you die, on your death bed, you will receive total conciousness. So, I got that going for me. Which is nice." - Bill Murray, Caddyshack ~~ Michigan Music Dojo - http://michiganmusicdojo.com ~~

Posted : 17/01/2009 2:55 am
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Girl....Elanor, Samantha

Boy....Theo, sloan, Sam

Best I can do..Congrats :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 17/01/2009 10:08 am
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

As for Gatlin, the gun was named for its inventor Dr. Richard Gatling. (He thought it would make war so horrible it would bring an end to bloodshed, a familiar old story.) The Gatlin Brothers are a well known singing group. Perhaps related to the Gatlin that Gatlinburg was named for?

I like the A. Sharp/B. Flat thing, I should've thought of that! :lol:

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 17/01/2009 11:30 am
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

Well since you both play and play Guitar and Bass, how about Fender and Gibson? Fairly gender neutral so can be used for boys or girls, and who knows if you write the companies about your name choices you might get a sweet promotional deal :roll:

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:03 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personally, I like old fashioned names, like Sara, Emma, Emily, and Rose for girls. And, for boys, names like Alexander, Nicholas, Michael and David.

But, as stated before, you're the one who will be changing the diapers! :D

+1

Little story. A guy I know is a musician trying to get assignments as a classical composer. With his original name it didn't work. Wit hhis second name (Charles) things went *much* better. Names are important so I'd go with proper, time-proven, quality names. Spend the originality and creativity when you teach them music or something or if you really want to be creative give yourself a strange name.

A girl at school had 'Nas' as last name and their parents, bunch of hippies, named her 'Anna'. Together that;s the Dutch word for pineapple. It's a fun joke but she found it getting old by the time she was seven or so...

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:04 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

On the flip side of that, after teaching "older children" a few decades, I found the ones with the more unusual names had developed more personality and had more character. They weren't the wallflowers occupying a chair in the room.
If they all were bread that had been baked, the ones with the more unusual names were the pastries.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:41 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Personally, I like old fashioned names, like Sara, Emma, Emily, and Rose for girls. And, for boys, names like Alexander, Nicholas, Michael and David.

But, as stated before, you're the one who will be changing the diapers! :D

+1

Little story. A guy I know is a musician trying to get assignments as a classical composer. With his original name it didn't work. Wit hhis second name (Charles) things went *much* better. Names are important so I'd go with proper, time-proven, quality names. Spend the originality and creativity when you teach them music or something or if you really want to be creative give yourself a strange name.

A girl at school had 'Nas' as last name and their parents, bunch of hippies, named her 'Anna'. Together that;s the Dutch word for pineapple. It's a fun joke but she found it getting old by the time she was seven or so...

I knew a woman who was expecting a boy. Her name was Cindy Lott. She was seriously considering naming her son Parkin. :roll:

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:41 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Personality breeds contempt for authority and a true leader should be weary of pastries. Never forget that Ken. :P

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:46 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Personality breeds contempt for authority and a true leader should be weary of pastries. Never forget that Ken. :P
You're preaching to the choir.
As the authority in the classroom, it is soooo much easier to have wallflowers than pastries.

But "easy" is hardly ever satisfying.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/01/2009 4:15 pm
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

In regard to Melody/Harmony -

My former wife's name is Melody,
our daughter's name is Harmony Freedom.

Mel is a hippy, and I was a hippy as a teen.

Harm, well, she's a typical teenager these days - A bit disapointing that she's not a hippy :wink:

When #2 was expected, the girl's name would have been: Symphony Aurora!
Making it - Melody, Harmony & Symphony 8)

We had a boy - Lucius (Bringer of Light) :D

Good luck with the names.
And Congratulations,

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

Posted : 19/01/2009 5:37 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Old Hippies never die...we just misplace our love beads :D

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 19/01/2009 7:16 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

"Bringer of Light" is "Lucifer." Not a commonly given name these days.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 19/01/2009 7:50 pm
(@citizennoir)
Noble Member

"Bringer of Light" is "Lucifer." Not a commonly given name these days.

Basically all LUC names can be said to mean 'Bringer of Light'.
Lucius
Lucien
Lucas
Luke
Lucille
Lucy
Lucinda

And if you insist - Lucifer.

All variations on the theme.

Incidently; Satan was never called Lucifer in the Bible.

The connection was made because 'The Morning Star' was used in the Bible.
Lucifer was what the planet Venus was called when it shone at dawn.
(Coincidentally - Mel's Ruling planet in astrology is Venus, and her middle name is Dawn;
Also note that 'Aurora' is the Roman Goddess of the Dawn)

When Venus shines at sunset, it is called - Vesper.... which is also what evening prayer services are called :?
Strange that when it shines at Dawn it's the same as the Devil, but when it shines in the evening its a good Christian thing :roll:

Ken

"The man who has begun to live more seriously within
begins to live more simply without"
-Ernest Hemingway

"A genuine individual is an outright nuisance in a factory"
-Orson Welles

Posted : 19/01/2009 10:01 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Lucifer is Latin and literally means 'bringer of light'. Because of that a match to light your candles is called 'lucifer' in Dutch, without any satanic connotation. Lucifer made it into the Bible because it was the Latin word used for what is in the King James translation 'Morningstar'. In that sense Lucifer is a word, not a name. In the original, Hebrew, version it referred to a mythical king instead of either a planet (indeed Venus) or the Prince of Darkness.

Posted : 19/01/2009 10:02 pm
Page 2 / 7