Clear all

Teenagers Shouldn't Drive

45 Posts
29 Users
0 Likes
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

I'm having a really bad day today. My back is killing me, headache is back, muscle spasms in my legs, nerve pain . . .

I hope things get better soon, 'cause I'm flat out miserable right now . . .

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 08/02/2008 12:29 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Ugh! Sorry to hear that, KP. Hope it improves soon.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 08/02/2008 1:35 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I just read your post KP. :shock:

It sounds like the teen girl hasn't learned from the first accident. For all that is being done to educate young drivers it still isn't enough. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 20. Then again driving causes me panic attacks that I may never over come.

Get well soon!

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 08/02/2008 3:59 am
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

The man had had chemo and taken medication. Those two together would have affected anyone.

Small statistic for you - the majority of car accidents are caused by people between the ages of 18 and 25?

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

Posted : 08/02/2008 6:04 am
(@rahul)
Famed Member

I am still learning how to drive 'confidently'.

Posted : 08/02/2008 2:01 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

It's been over a month, thought I'd toss an update up.

I'm physically much improved, I'm mostly off of the pain meds and getting by on anti-inflammatories and muscle relaxers.

I've got some neurological symptomes that are pretty darn difficult to take. Biggest of them include hearing phones ring at odd times, being somewhat confused most of the time, depression and anxiety and short-term memory loss, difficulty concentrating and having almost no fine motor skills in my left hand. I simply can't get my hand to work correctly. I haven't seriously played the guitar since the accident, and I think I'm a ways from being able to do that still.

I had a neurology appointment today where my level of ability to remember, recall and concentrate was painfully clearly demonstrated. I couldn't perform even moderately simple cognitive tests. It was very frustrating and frightening at the same time.

Right now the thoughts are that it's pretty standard post-concussive recovery, but we've got lots and lots of tests on the block that I need to do before they make that a formal conclussion.

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." -- HST

Posted : 28/02/2008 3:45 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Glad to hear you are getting off of the meds, i'm sure that will probably affect the progress in the areas that are still giving you trouble.
keep a positive attitude! it's half the battle.
hope you are feeling better and playing again soon, keep us informed.

#4491....

Posted : 28/02/2008 4:07 pm
(@riff-raff)
Reputable Member

I'm glad you didn't get more seriously hurt in the crash.

A couple years ago I bought my first real brand new auto. It was a 2004 Nissan pickup with 5 miles on it. Well, before I managed to put 30 miles on it, I was rear-ended by a 16 year old girl who was talking on her cell phone at the time. :x
I had to put a brand new bumper on my new truck. :x :x :x

I hope you feel better soon!!

Posted : 29/02/2008 2:56 pm
(@kingpatzer)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Well the results of the EEG came back last week.

I'm having seizures in my brain.

It'll be a few months before the full impact of what that means is going to be known, but in the meantime I've been started on anti-convulsants (and boy are they kicking my butt ... i'm actually considering taking some short term disability leave from work . .. )

I haven't played my guitar seriously know in 2 full months. My left hand just doesn't work right.

*sigh*

Posted : 24/03/2008 1:21 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

That stinks. Hope things start working out better soon!

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 24/03/2008 2:45 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Totally stinks! Is the other guy's insurance taking care of you? I hope things work out well for you, KP! My thoughts and prayers are with you!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 24/03/2008 8:16 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

KP, I was thinking of you just yesterday, hoping things were going well.
All the best; sincere wishes this rough patch ends soon and you're back up and playing in no time.
:)

Don

Posted : 24/03/2008 8:59 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

sorry to hear the bad news, hope you are feeling better soon

#4491....

Posted : 24/03/2008 10:01 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

That sounds horrible to go through, KP, my thoughts are with you. Hopefully it'll just be a short term thing and something you can soon recover fully from.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 24/03/2008 10:05 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

KP, I'm really sorry to hear this. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 26/03/2008 2:33 am
Page 3 / 3