Skip to content
Sometimes they just...

Notifications
Clear all

Sometimes they just fall right in your lap!

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ok.
Now I'm in two bands.

October 2, the Moondawgs will reform and perform a show for Walk Now for Autism Speaks at Richmond International Raceway. We'll be starting between 9:30 and 10 am.

The Moondawgs are my "fun" project where we do original music, and I make odd musical noises with my guitar.

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 02/09/2010 12:28 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

Ok. This one is shaping up to be a fairly large gig. Expected attendance is about 3,000 to 5,000 people. Plus, a local sound company has volunteered a tech and equipment to do the gig.

It's one heck of a debut gig! :shock: 8) :note1: :note2: :shock:

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Posted : 04/09/2010 4:43 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dang, Dude! How nice is that?

As they say, break a leg. 8)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 05/09/2010 1:35 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

G-Zuz. That's a huge debut. Have fun and play nice with the other kids. :lol:

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 06/09/2010 2:59 am
(@moonrider)
Noble Member
Topic starter

OK, this one gets filed in the "too good to be true" basket. The pointy-headed organizer from Atlanta (who did NOTHING whatsoever until this week) decided we weren't "appropriate" for the event. She got some group called "The Diggity Dudes" to replace us.

We'll be at Honey Whyte's All-American Cafe on October 15th in Richmond, VA. AND we're learning a special song to video and dedicate to the PHB from Atlanta!

It's gonna be a party, y'all!

Posted : 20/09/2010 9:17 pm