9 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Announces its Inductees for 2009

Induction Ceremony to Air Live on Fuse TV, April 4, 2009

January 14, 2009—New York—The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation today announced its inductees for 2009. The induction ceremony on April 4, 2009 will take place in Cleveland for the first time since 1997, and will be broadcast live on Fuse TV in a new three-year broadcast deal between the Foundation and Fuse. The ceremony will be supported by a weeklong series of events. In addition, for the first time in its 24- year history, tickets to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be accessible to the public.

“This year's class of inductees truly represents what the Hall of Fame is all about. From classic artists that began their careers in the 50's and 60's to those that have defined the modern sound of rock and roll,” said Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation President & CEO Joel Peresman. “These artists demonstrate the rich diversity of rock and roll itself. We are proud to honor these artists and celebrate their contribution to rock and roll's place in our culture.”

The performer inductees are:

Jeff Beck

Little Anthony & the Imperials

Metallica

Run-D.M.C.

Bobby Womack

Early Influence Category Inductee:

Wanda Jackson

Sidemen Category:

Bill Black

DJ Fontana

Spooner Oldham

The 2009 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame performer inductees were chosen by the 600 voters of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation. Artists are eligible for inclusion in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twenty-five years after their first recording is released.

In addition to being honored at the April ceremony, each inducted artist is commemorated at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum in Cleveland Ohio, which serves as a monument to rock and roll's impact on our culture. These inductees will be honored – along with previous year's inductees and hundreds of other artists – with an exhibit and film that serve to tell the story of modern music.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/01/2009 6:50 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

The whole thing is a sham :oops:

http://www.soundclick.com/kensacco
http://www.soundclick.com/thetools

Posted : 16/01/2009 1:20 am
(@blueline)
Noble Member

I agree. For RUSH (just one of many bands) not to be in the HOF tells me that the entire thing is a sham and is run by complete idjits.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 16/01/2009 2:06 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

At least they finally elected Jim Rice. oooooops, wrong hall. Sorry. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 16/01/2009 9:59 am
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

Jim Rice Rules :D

Posted : 17/01/2009 2:30 am
(@jwmartin)
Noble Member

Even though I liked their "Kings of Rock" album back in the 80's, the fact that Run DMC is in the RnR hall of fame and Rush isn't tells me that the hall of fame has no basis in reality.

Bass player for Undercover

Posted : 17/01/2009 4:18 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Even though I liked their "Kings of Rock" album back in the 80's, the fact that Run DMC is in the RnR hall of fame and Rush isn't tells me that the hall of fame has no basis in reality.

I like Rush well enough, but not like I like the Stones. I've got a couple of their CDs and the Chronicles "collection". I can certainly understand why some people would not like them. Stray away from the popular formula too much and people drop off. However, they do what they do and they do it well. They've sold a ton of albums, sold out a ton on concerts, received a ton of air-play for their more popular songs and they've been doing this for an awfully long time. You can take an obscure song and play it for the most casual Rock fan and they instantly know it's Rush. So someone tell me, please, what criteria are they not meeting?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 18/01/2009 5:16 pm
(@teleplayer324)
Noble Member

The criteria for being nominated is definatley strange. I mean come on, Jeff Beck has played with the Yardbirds, the Jeff Beck Group, 2 bands that helped defined the sound of Rock and Roll, and he FINALLY gets nominated in 2009, yest Grandmaster Flash not by any stretch of the imagination R&R gets inducted in 07, Miles Davis while amazing but not R&R get inducted in 06, and Brenda Lee in 02. Brenda Lee????? How in the seven levels of Hades did she make it in, and BEFORE Beck? And Keith Richards STILL hasn't been inducted individually.
And while Nat King Cole, Billie Holiday, Soloman Burke and Bob Wills and the Texas Playboys were all great musicians they Weren't R&R.

If anyone has the "Official" explanation of how they decide on their inductees I would love to hear it.

Immature? Of course I'm immature Einstein, I'm 50 and in a Rock and ROll band.

New Band site http://www.myspace.com/guidedbymonkeys

Posted : 19/01/2009 2:56 pm
(@ksac32)
Reputable Member

I believe Jeff Beck is in already for the Yardbirds? I don't understand why some artists get in several times before others get in at all?

Posted : 19/01/2009 2:58 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

Frankly, I don't understand why anyone cares.

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 19/01/2009 3:01 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Maybe we should delete this whole thread.
As the guilty originator, I would not object.

KR2

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 19/01/2009 4:18 pm
 cnev
(@cnev)
Famed Member

I'm with Ric on this one WHO CARES!!

"It's all about stickin it to the man!"
It's a long way to the top if you want to rock n roll!

Posted : 19/01/2009 5:06 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Maybe we should delete this whole thread.
As the guilty originator, I would not object.

KR2

No reason for deletion. Last time I looked, forums were designed for discussion and the sharing of thoughts. Even long distance group hugs. Thanks for posting something.

Roy

Posted : 19/01/2009 5:38 pm