Clear all

No Longer "Subject To Change"

28 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

For instance, Varigated Planaria

:shock: Whoa.. I need SOME.... attention. I misread that and had some serious blushing, going on.. :oops:

Jim LOL, I misread it too.

+2 :oops: :oops:

Kewl name, though. And trust me, don't even contemplate changing it. I've no idea why most bands I've been in seem to take longer to agree on a name than anything else band-related.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 16/04/2008 9:54 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

For instance, Varigated Planaria

:shock: Whoa.. I need SOME.... attention. I misread that and had some serious blushing, going on.. :oops:

Jim

Job done then ;)

Guided by Monkeys is a good one, too. An old band of mine nearly went with Barrel o' Monkeys... I still like that one.

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/04/2008 10:29 pm
(@ricochet)
Illustrious Member

I've seen these guys a time or two under rocks in the garden when I was growing up in Alabama:
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/gl_diseases_pests_other/article/0,1785,HGTV_3581_2157662,00.html

And I've raised the common aquatic planarians as used in biology classes.

But I don't see anything in "variegated planaria" that would cause me to blush. (Not much does, anyway.)

"A cheerful heart is good medicine."

Posted : 17/04/2008 12:07 am
(@nicktorres)
Illustrious Member

That one reminded me of my potential band name "Viagriculture"

Posted : 17/04/2008 12:15 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

"Guided" by Monkeys beats "Spanked" by Monkeys. :lol: You know, in a monkey-get-even sort of way. :)

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 17/04/2008 6:13 am
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

We have them in Miami. (Now I'm worried about my earthworms)
I've seen them on the patio.
Sometimes all dried up.
OK, so instead of Variegated Planaria, how about

Dehydrated Planaria?

Guided by Dehydrated Planaria?

Don't want anyone to blush but,
Isn't that thing a little phallic looking?
(No, mine doesn't look like that)
I'm just sayin'

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/04/2008 12:03 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Thats why its best that one person be the decision guy in the band. Democracies and rock bands dont mix. A while back, a group I was in struggle for a long time for a name. We threw names back and forth, used the generators, talked to our spouse and YES!! Success. We came up with a name. One the guitarist met some of his friends for dinner that night and told them the name we had chosen and the response was "I dont get it? What does it mean?" Which threw everyone for a loop and suddenly THEY didnt know what it meant either. I put my foot down though and reminded them that they had made a decision and we were sticking to it. :lol:

How bout "Bobbing for monkies" :lol:

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/04/2008 12:09 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Thats why its best that one person be the decision guy in the band. Democracies and rock bands dont mix. A while back, a group I was in struggle for a long time for a name. We threw names back and forth, used the generators, talked to our spouse and YES!! Success. We came up with a name. One the guitarist met some of his friends for dinner that night and told them the name we had chosen and the response was "I dont get it? What does it mean?" Which threw everyone for a loop and suddenly THEY didnt know what it meant either. I put my foot down though and reminded them that they had made a decision and we were sticking to it.

So what was the name you came up with?

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 17/04/2008 9:19 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Oh boy!
Another band to rename!

Resistance is futile.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:04 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Vic

Mojo Monday :D

I miss that band.. I miss being in a band

Jim

“The hardest thing in life is to know which bridge to cross and which to burn” - David Russell (Scottish classical Guitarist. b.1942)

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:21 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Vic

Mojo Monday :D

I miss that band.. I miss being in a band

Jim
Heh, another of my old names was the Mojo Men... I think it was decided on that it sounded too jazz in the end though :roll: I still have the domain name too - trying to think of another use to put it to rather than give it up. Some kind of trouble-shooter, maybe :)

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:35 pm
(@rob77)
Estimable Member

I liked "Subject to Change" too. But guided by Monkeys is cool. Our band "The Hornets" is going to have a name change as I found another band has already used it. Bit of a bugger because we've been using it for a year now without knowing. Oops.
Anyway if someone wants to make a competition out of it I'd be glad to hear suggesttions, it's an incredibly hard thing to do, isn't it? Tried those band name generators & got some cool ones, but they all seem a bit too random. We play Blues, Rockabilly, Psychobilly & Rock...kinda hot-rod music I guess. Ideas?

"Who says you can't 'dive bomb' a bigsby?!"

Posted : 17/04/2008 10:55 pm
 geoo
(@geoo)
Famed Member

Post it as a new topic. I'd be game. We'll all come out with suggestions you can never turn down. LOL

Jim

Posted : 17/04/2008 11:00 pm
Page 2 / 2