Clear all

Michael Jackson dead?

66 Posts
26 Users
0 Likes
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Just turned on the news channel, there's an unconfirmed rumour that Michael Jackson's died of a heart attack.

The story seems to have broken here.....be prepared for a veritable smorgasbord of weeping wailing and gnashing of teeth if it's true.

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 25/06/2009 9:11 pm
(@bluezoldy)
Reputable Member

Yes, it's being reported here too.

Wasn't he about to start a worldwide comeback tour?

♪♫ Ron ♪♫

http://www.myspace.com/bluemountainsblues

Posted : 25/06/2009 9:57 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

it's official
R.I.P. MJ

#4491....

Posted : 25/06/2009 10:02 pm
(@boxboy)
Noble Member

One of the greatest artists of my time.
RIP MJ.

Don

Posted : 25/06/2009 10:14 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

RIP, MJ

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 25/06/2009 10:24 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Wow, that's a shocker. Although I didn't agree with a lot of things he did in his personal life, I like his music & think he's one of the best musicians of our time. Still remember listening to Rockin' Robin in Elementary School. :)

R.I.P. Michael. :(

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 25/06/2009 10:38 pm
(@katreich)
Prominent Member

I remember the cover of his "Off the Wall" album, back when he had his original face, and was still black......Such a talented man. Too bad he turned his life into such a freak show.

Falling in love is like learning to play the guitar; first you learn to follow the rules, then you learn to play with your heart.

www.soundclick.com/kathyreichert

Posted : 25/06/2009 10:53 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

One of the greatest artists of my time. RIP MJ.

...of ANY time!

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 25/06/2009 11:32 pm
(@scrybe)
Famed Member

What?!? Seriously, how?!?

If you'd asked me to guess which famous musician would die next, I really wouldn't have guessed MJ. This seems to have come out of nowhere.

RIP Jackson - his music speaks for itself. We've lost a true great performer.

Ra Er Ga.

Ninjazz have SuperChops.

http://www.blipfoto.com/Scrybe

Posted : 26/06/2009 12:54 am
(@urbancowgirl)
Reputable Member

I read an unconfirmed report that said he had cardiac arrest.
I always kind of felt sorry for him. He never had a normal life, especially as a kid and he had that weird disease that caused his skin to go bad and was the reason, I thought, for the bleaching and the plastic surgery.

Regardless of his weirdness, he certainly was a pioneer entertainer during his time.
R.I.P.

All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I see I should have been more specific.

Posted : 26/06/2009 3:07 am
(@joehempel)
Famed Member

RIP MJ.

No matter how big of a show is life turned out to be, he will be the biggest entertainer in my generation I think.

In Space, no one can hear me sing!

Posted : 26/06/2009 3:49 am
(@alangreen)

The greatest sadness about it all is that his personal life eclipsed his music.

Michael Jackson has now achieved immortality. May he rest in the peace he couldn't achieve in life.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 26/06/2009 4:42 am
(@ghost)
Prominent Member

I was listening to the radio yesterday when I found Michael Jackson died. Still shocked by by his passing. He seemed be under a lot of pressure to preform again and practicing every day might have been too much for him in the end. I want to remember him just for his accomplishments in music and what he did for it when I was growing up. Gonna be playing my Thriller record later today. :cry:

RIP King of Pop

"If I had a time machine, I'd go back and tell me to practise that bloody guitar!" -Vic Lewis

Everything is 42..... again.

Posted : 26/06/2009 5:30 am
(@dylanbarrett)
Prominent Member

I remember getting a new car, it was a summers' morning, the top was down and I was travelling to work feeling pretty cool I have to admit, but something was missing....

Reached into the glove pocket and pulled out a bunch of cassettes - Off The Wall - Michael Jackson...

Crank the volume, put the foot down and cruise - absolute magic.

It's times like that you can never recreate. It's an artist like Michael Jackson that will never be recreated.

RIP

D 8)

I'm nowhere near Chicago. I've got six string, 8 fingers, two thumbs, it's dark 'cos I'm wearing sunglasses - Hit it!

Posted : 26/06/2009 7:39 am
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member

so sorry to learn of Jackson's passing. a huge talent always putting out fantastic grooves. his association with Quincy Jones was catalyst to some great musical moments.
I remember a thread here a while ago..it was about guilty pleasures in music. I admitted that I liked the Jackson Five and MJ. not many disagreed.
it freaks me out to hear of people dying that are close to my age.

RIP Ms Fawcett too.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=644552
http://www.soundclick.com/couleerockinvaders

Posted : 26/06/2009 10:42 am
Page 1 / 5