Notifications
Clear all

Internet Explorer 7

23 Posts
15 Users
0 Likes
(@nolongerme)
Honorable Member

FireFox sounds so much better than Internet Explorer. Just the name itself is a reason to give it a try and learn it. IMO

Posted : 15/11/2006 9:16 pm
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yeah, but we can abbreviate it to IE. If you do that with Fire fox, its sounds like you're stuttering. :P

Posted : 15/11/2006 10:29 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

FireFox sounds so much better than Internet Explorer. Just the name itself is a reason to give it a try and learn it. IMO
Yeah, the name's pretty high on my list of priorities when choosing a browser too... right below the current phase of the moon and whether or not it's raining :P

Lefty: What's to learn?

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 15/11/2006 10:37 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

i do not feel the need to switch for the sake of switching.
ie6 works fine for what i use it for.
i've tried firefox, and now ie7 and i'm happy with ie6. nothing against the alternatives, i just don't see the need to change.

#4491....

Posted : 16/11/2006 3:22 am
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Fair enough, I was just wondering. (I'm a web developer, so it's always good to know what people are doing browser-wise and if possible why. That and I'm a nosey git :))

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 16/11/2006 8:47 am
(@allan)
Eminent Member

I also am a firefox person

Posted : 16/12/2006 8:04 am
(@indiana_jonesin)
Estimable Member

Hey, if it ain't broke, don't break it!

"Yes and an old guitar is all that he can afford,
when he gets up under the lights to play his thing..."-Dire Straits
http://www.myspace.com/misterpete42

Posted : 16/12/2006 8:15 am
 Sik
(@sik)
Eminent Member

I'm definately a Firefox fan, but it got some limititions, like when I find a page with say an useful article full of ads around it, I want to cut and past the article (without the ads) into a word document. I have had several cases where Firefox won't even let you select the text for a cut, all I get is a circle with an / through it. IE7 however let me cut and paste just fine

I have also had a few issues where you try to print an article with firefox, you get only the first page plus a second page of ads, even if the docoment you are trying to print is 10 pages or more.

STILL, I'm a Firefox fan, only uses IE7 when I want to do stuff Firefox can't handle.

Seasons greetings,
-Sik

Posted : 16/12/2006 8:33 am
Page 2 / 2