Clear all

If anyone's got a prayer to spare.....

138 Posts
28 Users
0 Likes
14.2 K Views
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

so pleased marilyn is making a good recovery, give her my best wishes next time you see her.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 03/10/2010 10:14 am
 Ande
(@ande)
Prominent Member

We'll keep the prayers going just in case.

Breathe a sigh of relief, Vic- and God bless.

Ande

Posted : 03/10/2010 2:01 pm
(@kcfenderfan)
Honorable Member

Sounds very good, Vic. Keep the updates coming.

Jim

Posted : 03/10/2010 3:23 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Sunday Night update....

Marilyn's still poorly, but better than yesterday - much more aware of what's going on, much less drowsy, it seems the sedation's finally out of her system. Still lots of drugs going into her system, but it seems like the doctors have found the right balance or mixture of drugs.

Hopefully she'll be fully awake tomorrow, and hopefully the trachaeotomy won't be needed much longer.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 03/10/2010 9:58 pm
(@1armbandit)
Estimable Member

Good news Vic.
We will keep up the prayers.

Jack

Posted : 03/10/2010 10:41 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Vic, on the one hand I am so sorry you are going through this. On the other hand, now you understand better what I do. I am sorry you have to be experiencing this to have a look into my world. It wouldn't bother a callous person .... but I die a little inside each time. Thank god for beer and rock & roll! Marilyn will be one of the success stories though. The ones that keep us going.

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 04/10/2010 3:09 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Vic, on the one hand I am so sorry you are going through this. On the other hand, now you understand better what I do. I am sorry you have to be experiencing this to have a look into my world. It wouldn't bother a callous person .... but I die a little inside each time. Thank god for beer and rock & roll! Marilyn will be one of the success stories though. The ones that keep us going.

TR, I've had more than a glimpse into your world before now....my first job after leaving school, I spent two years working in Pathology - I was a lab technician. My favourite department was Histology, you'll know what that involves!

I've always had a lot of respect for nurses anyway - my eyes have been opened, though, after spending so much time lately in the A&E deparment - where she's been assessed and admitted - and the Intensive Care Unit, including the High Dependency Unit where Marilyn is now. I now know why they call it INTENSIVE care!

Just going to get ready to go out now - going to catch the 12:50 train, visiting is 1:30pm to 4:30, then 6:30 to 8:00. Two to a bed, but there'll be at least four of us there so we have to organise a rota so we all get equal visiting time!

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 04/10/2010 9:43 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Visiting time is never enough... I will read your update this night.

:D

Posted : 04/10/2010 12:57 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

It's good to hear she's getting better! Here's to continued recovery

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 04/10/2010 3:37 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Hey Vic,

I've not been on GN for such a long time, I should have been! My thoughts are with you all and especially for Marilyn. It sounds like she's on the long road to recovery from what you have told us so far. So chin up mate, keep holding her hand and soon you'll both be walking out of there together.

All the very best,

Chris

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 04/10/2010 7:56 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Monday night - update.

Marilyn's a little better again today....wide awake, more alert. Biggest difficulty we've had is communicating - because of the trachaeotomy, she can't talk, so we've being trying to lip-read and she's been trying to whisper. Hard work, but at least we got a few smiles out of her! Anyway, she's managed to find a TV from somewhere...as I left, she was sat up watching the soaps. Phoned the ward a little while back and....she's sat up watching TV! Plus ca change....

Vic

Posted : 04/10/2010 9:43 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Any idea when she can get the tube out? I bet that has GOT to be un-nerving as anything. Glad to hear she's awake and watching the tele though. Now you gotta behave again. :lol:

Keep us posted, Vic.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 05/10/2010 12:00 am
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hard work, but at least we got a few smiles out of her!
:D

Posted : 05/10/2010 2:02 pm
(@dogsbody)
Prominent Member

Well done Marilyn !!! the only way is up now!

The guitar is all right John but you'll never make a living out of it! (John Lennon's Aunt Mimi)

Posted : 05/10/2010 6:07 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Tuesday night, and more progress to report......

Since Marilyn was moved into the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) she's had quite a few lines going into her, most of them going straight into the jugular vein....as of tonight, they've all been removed. There's one line in her left arm where they're taking blood samples from, and one going into her right arm where the sole remaining drip (an anti-epilepsy drug) is going in. Still on the respirator, though they're gradually reducing the percentage of oxygen. They reckon it'll be a few days yet before she's weaned off the respirator. She's been a bit tired today - dozing off during visiting time - but that's only to be expected, seeing as how she tried to catch up on nine day's TV viewing in one night and didn't get much sleep!

Vic

Posted : 05/10/2010 9:20 pm
Page 4 / 10