Notifications
Clear all

Giving The Man Cave a Facelift

35 Posts
10 Users
0 Likes
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

5 cents a can recycle probably paid for a gallon or two of the paint. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 25/10/2011 1:41 pm
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

LOL Nope missed that.... So there you go... your set!!!

"Your not getting rid of the dank are you Moe??"

Paul B

Posted : 25/10/2011 1:47 pm
(@chris-c)
Famed Member

Fantastic job TR. :D

Enjoyed the video. You're an inspiration to us all.... made me want to get out there and build something again...

Cheers,

Chris

Posted : 27/10/2011 1:41 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Got the equipment all back out there! Roy had the same space with new gear .... I got the same gear with a new space!

How does our back line look?

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 28/10/2011 2:49 am
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I bow to your superiority. Bigger space, much, much, much, much, ... <1/2 hour later> ... much more talent. And now lights?!? Nice room, Master. :D

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 28/10/2011 3:05 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

It's not the size of your studio but how you use it. :lol: Thanks for the talent remark Roy but you might be a little misguided. :oops: Another major draw back to my space ........ open that white door in about three months. It leads to the driveway. As for the lights? Ceiling cans from Lowes attached to the pole from an old lamp. Bought some colored floods and cut up an old heavy duty extension chord. Bought a gang box and four switches and voilet! The help heat the room too! I got about $10 a piece in them so about $50 total but they look cool and give the room a cool vibe.

They aren't fancy but when they are turned on all you see is the colored lights.

Posted : 28/10/2011 11:11 am
(@s1120)
Prominent Member

Man you gota lota gear packed in there!!!! Im thinking if it all got turned on at once it would tax the whole grid in the north country!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good idea with the lights also. I bet if you shopped used you could rig that light up for just a few bucks!

Paul B

Posted : 28/10/2011 12:02 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I bet you could save some bucks if you shoppwd around for some remodel leftovers. What is cool about the lights is that guitars have a lot of shiney parts and pretty finishes that just love those colored lights. All my axes look twice as nice under the lights.

Posted : 28/10/2011 1:37 pm
(@apache)
Reputable Member

Nice one :D :D that looks fab :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Posted : 29/10/2011 12:52 pm
(@blue-jay)
Noble Member

Whoaaa nelly! Major change, looks fantastic! Lots of gear in there, yes it is quite a collection and a useful place to play. :!:

Like a bird on the wire,
like a drunk in a midnight choir
I have tried in my way to be free.

Posted : 29/10/2011 1:03 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

:mrgreen:

Posted : 30/10/2011 3:51 am
(@bkangel)
Estimable Member

<take 2>

The whole set up looks fantastic.

Says something about different geographic outlooks. I looked at the lights and thought "geez, it'd get pretty sweaty under those".
Hadn't thought about the wall of snow outside. Don't get that in these parts! :lol:

What I lack in talent and natural ability, I will have to make up with stubborness.

Posted : 30/10/2011 6:52 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

No snow out there yet ...... but soon! :roll: low of 23 F tonight (Thats -5 C) Happpy Halloween everyone! :lol:

Posted : 30/10/2011 7:07 am
(@rocket-dog)
Reputable Member

That's a great idea putting a pool table in there. It looks great.

Posted : 30/10/2011 7:37 am
(@trguitar)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Why thank you!

Posted : 30/10/2011 12:13 pm
Page 2 / 3