An amazing thing happened.

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

I think many of you knew I was building guitars for a few years and just finished my last one a little over a year ago. I had 11 guitars all built from parts from respectable internet sellers. I had like 9 strats and 2 teles. I sold both teles and one or two strats over the past few years.

All of the strats had whammy bars. (Keep that term in your mind for a minute)

I have a buddy who has the Midas touch and anything he does he turns it into cash flow. He's also one of my better guitar players that I banded with back in the 80's.

This past year he's been converting a pole barn on his property into a music/alcohol consuming structure that we've turned into a bar/jam room. For all intents and purposes it's a complete bar. Full service, bathrooms, dance floor, stage for the band, their own private dressing room / sleep off your drunk quarters. Also has a separate office for special guests.

Here's the cool part. He is calling it ... ready?... The Whammy Bar. :lol:

The best part, he bought all of my remaining strats and mounted them on the walls as decorations. He also bought two of my Schecters for a total of 7 guitars. I'm really shocked as I'm down to just my PRS, my acoustic/electric and my 1960's Yamaha, which was the guitar that brought me to this site looking for history on it, which several members were very helpful in assisting me in gathering data about my Yamaha.

Come to think of it, I joined back in October of '05. I'm going on 10 years here. WOW!!

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 14/07/2015 11:43 am
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Im not entirely sure how i feel about guitars as decorations... but good for you man!

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 21/07/2015 10:04 am
 Bish
(@bish)
Famed Member
Topic starter

At first I wasn't either, but since the place will mostly be occupied by musicians, they will get played occasionally.

Plus, I sold the guitars to another. What they do with them is their business. It'd be the same if I sold to someone I don't know. I have no idea what they do with them once they have possession.

Bish

"I play live as playing dead is harder than it sounds!"

Posted : 25/07/2015 12:16 pm