A small step for humanity...

34 Posts
13 Users
0 Likes
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Who manatee?

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 06/02/2009 2:18 pm
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Congrats!

PM'd

#4491....

Posted : 06/02/2009 4:46 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thank you very, very much people! :D :D :D

Roy: I dont really know what to call it, guess it's a mix of neo-romantic chamber music, electronica, pop. Guess I'm going for 'alternative pop' as it sounds harnmless enough, and 'post-modern' for fancy mags. :lol: Glad you liked it anyways! 8)

Posted : 07/02/2009 6:21 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

I've been listening to your CD a lot today Arjen, and I am very impressed! 8) :D I think the songs are really good, and the production is first rate. I'm really enjoying "Inside Outsider"! :D Great job!! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 07/02/2009 9:41 pm
(@smokindog)
Illustrious Member

Its been a short 6 years :D You've been a major part of GN. You've accomplished a lot . Its been a privilege to have watched your talent grow over the years. I can't wait to hear this.

My Youtube Page
http://www.youtube.com/user/smokindog
http://www.soundclick.com/smokindogandthebluezers

http://www.soundclick.com/guitarforumjams

Posted : 10/02/2009 5:37 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Little update: all the kind folks who pre-ordered should now have a PM with a download link to the second disc. Let me know if I screwed up my administration and left you out!

Posted : 11/04/2009 9:36 am
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Maybe some of you might be wondering what the heck is taking me so long. Probably even more so if you already payed for it. :P It's because of two things. The artwork is taking longer then I thought it would and there ain't much I can do to speed it up. During the Long Wait I've been thinking though and a little thought ended up as a big idea. Possibly stupid too. Here's the deal: I know I promised that the album would be a double-cd. If all is well you should have the MP3s of both, too. But it ain't gonna happen, only the main disc will be pressed and the bonus disc will be discarded. Maybe you're wondering how legal it is to take the money and deliver half the work and the answer is not very legal. So hush. :P But boy, if you all would only know how much this saves me in pressing costs you'd congratulate me, it's great rolling around in piles of $1000 bills.

Slightly more seriously: you'll probably be gettin' something else. And it's going to be fun, too! It'll probably come on a DVD as it doesnt fit on a CD. Or two cds. And as I love my endless piles of cash so much I won't be spending the extra on burning y'all three cds. :twisted: I assume noone will mind this but if you do, let me know. :)

Posted : 20/05/2009 2:30 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

Hmmm . . . "DVD . . . not CD" . . . video? . . .
you're venturing into the dimension of sight and sound? (Sounds like a Twilight Zone intro)

Anyway, glad you checked in . . . sounds like you've been busy . . . I hope that means you're staying out of trouble.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 20/05/2009 3:48 pm
(@davidhodge)

No worries here. I'm just looking forward to whatever the finished product happens to be!

Keep keeping us posted! Hope things are going well.

Peace

Posted : 20/05/2009 3:48 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Thanks. :)

Ken: Nope, I'm not venturing there. Or atleast not with this thing, I am secretely working on a little soundtrack for a short movie but that's something else, will post more on that when things are more definite. Not that there will be no visuals either, it'll just be fairly irrelevant. Let's just say that you'll get the same enjoyment out of leaving the screen off. :D

David: Thanks, will post more once I know more. Things are going well. And slowly. But it's getting there. :D The offer for me helping you with the book (read: getting my dirty dutch hands on it!) still stands btw. :lol:

Posted : 20/05/2009 4:11 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

Dude, I'm totally fine. No worries from me. I'm cool. Besides, that thing you linked me too was a heck uv a bonus. Is that somehow related?

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/05/2009 4:44 pm
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

Roy, I checked with my PMs and I guess you're talking about the 'Ingólfur Arnarson' thing (9 tracks), with the landscape picture. If so, nope that's not related, that's just a side-thing I did. To those who dont know what it is like to know, it's a small album or large EP, mostly with melancholic classicallish music. It's a free download, feel free to PM me for the link. But anyway, I've got this nasty feeling I never send you the bonus disc that used to be part of Inside Outsider. It's 15 tracks, if you didn't get the link (I cant find a PM about it in my sentbox) let me know.

the thing that I'm now leaning towards including is larger then both above discs combined. More then twice their combined length. :) It'll probably be released on it's own later, it's really more of an extra album then a bonus disc. Anyway, let me know about the link!

Posted : 20/05/2009 5:27 pm
(@rparker)
Illustrious Member

I got the 15 track mp3's labeled as disc 2 in my music folder. I'm set. Thanks for thinking about it though.

Roy
"I wonder if a composer ever intentionally composed a piece that was physically impossible to play and stuck it away to be found years later after his death, knowing it would forever drive perfectionist musicians crazy." - George Carlin

Posted : 20/05/2009 5:32 pm
(@pearlthekat)
Noble Member

hi. i just saw this. i haven't been here in a while.

how is the album doing? Do you know about CD Baby? you can sell your CD through them.

Posted : 23/05/2009 11:51 pm
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Well, guess what Santa dropped off in my mail box just in time for Christmas? My very own copy of Inside Outsider by Sleutelbos! 8) Mine is #13 of the first 500 pressing, and it's even signed. 8) 8)

I had already heard all the songs from the download, but listening to the cd, the production sounds 1st rate. The art work and whole cd package is very professional as well. I like that the cd cover is the new fold-out cardboard style instead of plastic, (keepin' it green!). Great job Arjen! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 15/12/2009 11:19 am
Page 2 / 3