New member/player - HI!

11 Posts
11 Users
0 Likes
(@lue42)
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi everyone.

I grew up in a fairly musical extended family and have always wanted to learn to play guitar, but never really set my mind to it.

Well, I am 35 now, married with kids and decided that it is never too late. I am very enthusiastic about learning and enjoy playing every time I pick it up.

I currently have a nice electric (acquired through a series of trades and selling some old junk) and a decent old nylon string guitar. After playing with the electric for a month or two I found that I am really enjoying fingerpicking and Spanish style guitar so I found the old nylon string for sale (cheap) and decided to pick it up and play with it for a while.

So, I just wanted to say Hi, and to thank everyone for all the comments in the forums that I have been reading until now. And, thank David Hodge for all his lessons that I have been using.

Thanks, and I am sure you will be hearing some question from me in the next little bit.

Cory

My Fingerstyle Guitar Blog:
http://fsguitar.wordpress.com

My Guitars
Ibanez Artwood AWS1000ECE-NT
Schecter S-1 30th Anniversary Edition
Ovation CS257
LaPatrie Etude
Washburn Rover RO10

Posted : 30/09/2008 1:42 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Lue42! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 30/09/2008 2:34 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 30/09/2008 2:36 pm
(@trguitar)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! Guitar playing sure is a fun hobby. 8)

"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard,
grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em."
-- The Webb Wilder Credo --

Posted : 30/09/2008 2:41 pm
(@blueline)
Noble Member

Howdy. Welcome to GN.

Teamwork- A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Posted : 30/09/2008 4:38 pm
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Hi Cory, and welcome to Guitar Noise. :D

And you are right, it's never to late to start, we have many members who started far later than you, and some are even playing in bands now. Just dig into those lessons and keep practicing, that is the only secret there is to becoming a good player.

Wes

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

Posted : 30/09/2008 8:09 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hi Cory! :D

I agree, the Spanish guitars sound very good. :wink:

Welcome to GN!

Posted : 30/09/2008 9:45 pm
 Cat
(@cat)
Noble Member

Welcome...there's a fair bit of water already under the bridge at 35...so put it to good use! :wink:

Cat

"Feel what you play...play what you feel!"

Posted : 30/09/2008 11:18 pm
(@dogbite)
Illustrious Member
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN forums!

#4491....

Posted : 01/10/2008 9:49 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 01/10/2008 10:15 am