Clear all

meet and greet (part II)

97 Posts
45 Users
0 Likes
99.5 K Views
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

On behalf of all the inmates, I'd like to welcome you to the asylum for the musically insane! Glad you found us.

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 15/09/2005 12:46 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i am rahul.i am from New delhi , india.I started playing guitar only 6 months ago(i am 18 ).I have not taken any lessons from a teacher rather only through internet.Sometimes i find my progress so slow , and now i feel literally struck on major minor barres :evil: .I need to move ahead :oops:

Posted : 30/09/2005 1:59 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member

i'm 25 and from columbus, oh, and i've been playing since i was about 12, and got a music minor from tulane. i have an acoustic alvarez, a les paul studio, a nylon string classical, and a cheap but decent tradition electric bass. my amps are a 30 watt marshall combo amp, a 100 watt tube crate head w/4x12 speaker half-stack, and a small rocktron bass amp. i play mostly blues, rock, and folk, but i can play a little classical and jazz (although my reading of standard notation is pretty slow), and can fake a decent guitar funk groove. my bass playing needs work. i also have a pearl export drum set, which is fun, and i'm ok on it. i also have a harmonica or two and a djembe.

Posted : 28/10/2005 6:16 pm
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Have I welcome you to GN yet? If not welcome. Stick around and enjoy the madhouse.

When you get serious about music let us know :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

Posted : 28/10/2005 6:49 pm
(@musenfreund)
Illustrious Member

Hi Jason,
Welcome to the musical madhouse. Go to the News forum if you get a chance and click on the link in the "I'm the Map thread". Add yourself to the map if you haven't already!
Tim

Well we all shine on--like the moon and the stars and the sun.
-- John Lennon

Posted : 29/10/2005 11:49 am
(@the-dali)
Noble Member

Hell everyone... I'm a newbie to Guitarnoise and a relative Newbie to guitar in general. I'm 33 and received my first guitar at age 30 (from my beautiful and patient wife). I set a goal to be able to play guitar "competently" at age 35, but I realize now that probably won't happen. The guitar was always a love of mine as a music listener, but it was TOTALLY foreign to me as an instrument. You know how you can hit a few keys on a piano - even if you have no idea what you are doing - and you can figure out how to play a 4 note sequence over and over and it will sound ok? Not with the guitar! Took me 4 months to be able to play for more than 5 minutes straight with killing my fingers!

Plus, having a job, house, 2 dogs, kids, other interests and hobbies makes it difficult to learn. No question, beiing 13 with nothin to do but play guitar for 3 hours a day can certainly speed up the learning curve!!!

Anyway... I can play some chords, play some notes, play some songs now and I'm trying to get into a 30 minutes a day regiment. BUT... aside from playing my real love has turned out to be working on, fixing, collecting, customizing and building guitars! Who knew?? I spend a good amount of time - time I should be playing and practicing - fooling arounding re-furbishing and customizing guitars and re-selling.

Current gear includes: Gibson SG, Fender Texas Special, Custom Washburn G10V, Schecter C1/SH, Takamine Acoustic. Roland Cube Amp and Behringher Blue Devil.

I love rock and hard rock. Favorite bands include: Rush, Iron Maiden, Guns, Zeppelin, AC/DC, Boston, Aerosmith, Metallica, Dio, Sabbath, Scorpions, The Who, Beatles, Weezer, Killers, Jet, Oasis, Van Halen, Satriani, SRV, Sugar, Matthew Sweet, MegaDeth, Ozzy, tons of stuff from the 80's, and anything hard with a good singer.

Talk to ya soon!

-=- Steve

"If the moon were made of ribs, would you eat it?"

Posted : 08/01/2006 4:49 pm
(@ageekbyanyothername)

@musenfreund

Thanks for your work here, dude. i'm so thrilled to see that there is a community of people still hittin' the strings. I look forward to exploring more.

Posted : 20/11/2019 5:47 pm
Page 7 / 7