Clear all

Hello Guitar Noisers!

10 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Long time, no see, but Vic messaged me yesterday about coming back again and starting to post more. So, here I be!

I haven't been gigging as much as in years past, but I am involved with a group called "Texas Women in Music". We try to get together at various jams and take over the stages with women! We figured it was high time people in general knew for sure that women can rock just as hard as men! We provide an outlet for female musicians to meet other female musicians, as well as female promoters, managers, recording engineers ... just about every facet of this biz called Music!

I still live up near Fort Worth, but am going to move to Austin (the Live Music Capitol of the World!) as soon as I can sell my house. (Anybody need a 4 bedroom, 3 bath on an acre out in the country?) :D I lived in Austin when I was much younger and loved it, so my sister and I decided just to pack up and go. We (TWIM) have a lot of members in Austin, so I may be able to put together an all female thing. Ought to be fun!

See y'all around the forums!

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/12/2013 3:56 pm
(@darth-ordinary)
Reputable Member

Hello again - I too have been absent from the forum for many a year but Vic has been in touch via Facebook and I revisited and posted a little update. I met lots of great people on here so my only 'resolution' for 2014 is to come back more, interact more and pick up my playing again! lets get the forum back to where it was. I live close to both Vic and Apache and we have met/played together in the past, so it seems a shame it all dropped off.

Gordon Smith GS1.5-40 Marshall VS65R

Posted : 31/12/2013 4:00 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hello Darth! It's good to see you again! Yep, we've got to get this thing flying again! We can do it! :lol:

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 31/12/2013 4:04 pm
 Nuno
(@nuno)
Famed Member

Hello Elecktrablue :D

Posted : 31/12/2013 8:16 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hey there, Nuno!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 31/12/2013 9:24 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Hi there. Cool thing your woman guerrilla! And good luck moving to Austin. I will do that too - sometime during the next 150 years or so.

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 02/01/2014 10:48 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Hi Lars! Good to see you! Yep, always wanted to be a guerilla! I have a lot of fun with those (and I use the term loosely) ladies!! I can't wait to get back to Austin! I lived there when I was young. I went to school there. It's about 3 times the size it was when I was there before, but it's still got that "feeling" about it. Austin is definitely a state of mind, and I love it!

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 02/01/2014 1:59 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Lone star state of mind...

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 02/01/2014 2:18 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Things are looking up - Lars, Elecktra, Darth, Nuno, Ethan and Apache back already!

Good to see y'all (Leslie - am I still allowed to say "y'all" even if I haven't been to Texas for almost 8 years now?) back!

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 02/01/2014 8:22 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member
Topic starter

Yes, Vic. Y'all is universal! :D

¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´

Posted : 03/01/2014 1:54 pm