Hello from a classical guitarist

5 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
(@inths)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello all.
I have recently taken up playing the guitar after a break of over 15 years. I'm more hooked now than I ever was... I'm a classical guitarist, I love the sound nylon strings and the melodies of classical music. I've been using a website similar to this one for classical guitar to help me get back on track. The site is : learnclassicalguitar.com
My wife keeps complaining about me learning songs from 400 years ago and has asked me to learn something more modern. I'm not against that, I've always been interested in the 'dark side of the force" so I got myself a steel-string guitar and have been looking on the net at various sites.
I think this site is great. Most sites ask for your credit card details or don't have audio files to help. I'm really glad I found this site.
One suggestion I would make however is to have a video (or at least an audio) file giving the entire song so that I can (try to) play along at the same time.
I look forward to many happy hours of learning the different songs on this site.

Posted : 06/07/2009 9:40 am
(@twistedlefty)
Famed Member

Welcome to GN!

#4491....

Posted : 06/07/2009 9:52 am
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

Welcome aboard! 8)

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

Posted : 06/07/2009 10:37 am
(@alangreen)

Welcome aboard - we need more classical guitarists round here. Your Mrs needs to understand that all the best stuff was written by guys who died hundreds of years ago. In fact, I presented a classical programme at the office party a few years back and I called it "Music by a bunch of dead guys."

Do check out www.delcamp.net for lots of classical guitar stuff - mp3s, scores and video.

We've had video here - I'm sure Nick did a video of "Eruption" I wonder what happened to it.

A :-)

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 06/07/2009 12:39 pm
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 06/07/2009 12:54 pm