8 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Ope
(@ope)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Greetings all.

Thanks to you all for creating such a wonderful site to be used for learning, reference and encouragement.

A few years ago my wife bought me an acoustic guitar for Christmas. I started learning to play, but after a few months found myself getting quite frustrated and discouraged. I always figured learning an instrument would be a challenge, but damn. Well, I'm giving it a go again. This time I'm forcing myself to have a different mindset and that is to enjoy the journey and learning just as much as I will enjoy playing songs in the future. Though I've never played any musical instrument, I'm a fan of pretty much all genres. So, I'm really looking forward to learning this time around.

Anyway, good to meet everyone and thanks for the information. I look forward to seeing you all around.

-Ope

"What kind of music do you usually have here?"
"Oh, we got both kinds. We got country AND western."

Posted : 26/04/2008 3:05 am
(@katmetal)
Prominent Member

Welcome to GN! :)

Posted : 26/04/2008 10:37 am
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

Welcome to GN, Ope! Seems like you've got the right attitude this time around. I was a teenager when I started playing - once I realised there was actually (gasp!) WORK involved, I sort of drifted away for a while. When I got older, I realised you've got to put the work in - can't do a skilled job without training!

Enjoy your musical adventure.

:D :D :D

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 26/04/2008 11:22 am
(@elecktrablue)
Famed Member

Welcome to Guitar Noise, Ope! We look forward to seeing you around the forums! :D

..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ .·´
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´ -:¦:- Elecktrablue -:¦:-

"Don't wanna ride no shootin' star. Just wanna play on the rhythm guitar." Emmylou Harris, "Rhythm Guitar" from "The Ballad of Sally Rose"

Posted : 26/04/2008 2:39 pm
(@rahul)
Famed Member

Greetings.

Welcome to the great forums !

Posted : 26/04/2008 5:31 pm
(@misanthrope)
Noble Member

Welcome!

ChordsAndScales.co.uk - Guitar Chord/Scale Finder/Viewer

Posted : 27/04/2008 11:41 am
(@twistedlefty)