Clear all

singer/songwriter setup

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@sabalo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

I would like opinions on what is the best, medium price setup for a singer/songwriter? I would like to incorporate a jam man looper and a vocal enhancement pedal ( digitech vocalist 2, or 4 ). I was thinking of one of the new Yamaha stagepas or similar and was wondering how it all needed to be connected in an acoustic guitar , Mic set-up? Would like to leave room to add a second guitar/singer or Keyboard. opinions?
D

(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

I know a few solo acoustic acts that use the Fender Passports. They work great and are very portable. That Yamaha Stagepass looks very good too, I have always liked Yamaha PA gear myself, very well built and excellent sound.

I have read up a little on those Digitech Vocalists, from what I understand you run both your vocal mic and guitar into the Digitech, then out to one of the inputs on your PA (I am guessing you would go into the stereo channels- 5/6 on the Stagepas). Pretty simple. I would guess you would place the looper inbetween your guitar and the Digitech.

The StagePas has six channels, so it should be no problem running another guitar and vocal mic into it.

I think either of these systems would work well.

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@sabalo)
Trusted Member
Topic starter  

Thanks Wes. I know those portable pa's have a mixer of sorts with them and I was not sure if you needed something else like a pre amp leading in. hoping someone who uses a Yamaha Stagepas or Fender Pa will catch sight of this and let me know how they use their setup and how they like it.
D

ReplyQuote