10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
11.5 K Views
 Eiko
(@eiko)
Topic starter  

Hi fellow guitarists,
I hope some of you can help me out with this: I've got this Marshall double footswitch, one of the buttons is labelled "Clean/Overdrive", the other "OD1/OD2".
I bought it from Ebay, but unfortunately the seller was a crook. So now I'm left with this piece of junk. But since I know how to use a soldering iron, I thought I could fix it myself.

Trouble is, how is the darn thing wired up internally. Maybe some of you guys, who own the same switch, would be willing to open theirs and have a close look? A detailed pic taken with a digi cam would be great as well. (see my Email below). I'd also have to have a look at how the lead is soldered to the jack plug i.e. which colour goes where...

Mine is supposed to have 2 LEDs as well, however in their place are just two holes. I do intend to replace these as well, so if I'm not pushing it yet, maybe someone could tell me, which specific type of LED I'll have to get :-) I'm sure it's written on them.

I'd very much appreciate any input!

Thank you, best regards, Eiko

yelemusic[at]gmx.net

Eiko
(@eiko)
Topic starter  

No, the entire wiring is dodgy, in fact there is hardly anything left, just a few loose ends inside the box. The entire lead is dodgy so needs replacement anyway...

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Eiko

Welcome to GuitarNoise.

I wouldn't fool around with it. You can buy a new one for $40 US.

Marshall PED802 Footswitch

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
 Eiko
(@eiko)
Topic starter  

Hi Wes, thanks for the welcome :-)

I was trying to avoid having to buy a new switch. This option of course crossed my mind, but looking at the price for what basically is a metal box with a few wires, I forgot about it.
I do find 40 Dollars, or Euros for that matter, rather expensive.
It can't be complicated to get it work again, cos all it needs is resoldering the wires in the right order. Why wasting money, while it could be done by myself?

But I appreciate you input :-)

Anybody willing to open his/ her footswitch and have a look for me?

Cheers, Eiko

ReplyQuote
 Nils
(@nils)
Famed Member

Have you contacted Marshall? They are pretty good about providing wiring diagrams.

Welcome to GN

Nils' Page - Guitar Information and other Stuff
DMusic Samples

ReplyQuote
(@bobblehat)
Reputable Member

Hi Eiko,
Done a bit of a search (alot of searching) and found every wiring diagram for every marshall they ever produced but nothing specifically on the footswitch.It may be hidden amongst the drawings for a particular amp.You could try emailing these guys I'm sure they would point in the right direction:
http://www.marshallschematics.com

hope this helps.

My Band: http://www.myspace.com/thelanterns2010
playing whilst drunk is only permitted if all band members are in a similar state!

ReplyQuote
(@vangrotz)

Just signed up after running across the post for Marshall Clean/Overdrive + OD1/OD2 foot pedal schematics.Am I able to uplaod images for the pedal wiring? Thanks Van

ReplyQuote
(@greybeard)
Illustrious Member

You have to upload to an external site (e.g. photobucket) and link to it

I started with nothing - and I've still got most of it left.
Did you know that the word "gullible" is not in any dictionary?
Greybeard's Pages
My Articles & Reviews on GN

ReplyQuote
(@vangrotz)

I see! Sounds like too much trouble! Good luck with this! Van

ReplyQuote
(@dmasmiquel)

:oops:
I have the same problem as the beginner of the post.
I don't know where to solder the black, red, and white wires on a Marshall pedal with Clean/Overdrive and OD1/OD2 switches.
Here are some pics:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=14mVUCbhD9rSz1EaZmJfol6SWvUAzHyza
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1RW2jQK24WzwTI_Z1yrLkDYOXGgLNuKEY

I just need a picture of the inside of a marshall pedal like the one on the pictures, and I'll be able to repair mine.
I need your help.

Thanks in advance

ReplyQuote