Clear all

Behringer X-Vamp

8 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@english-one)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Has anybody played through one of these? Or does anyone own one? Just be interesting to hear some opinions on it. I'm a big fan of behringer gear, and I'm wondering whether it might be worth getting one of these (As theyre cheap) to replace my Zoom 505, whih is just a bit annoying.

Thanks

Peter

(@english-one)
Estimable Member
Topic starter  

Just about to check Harmony-central...

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Nifty little thing. The models *seem* to me somewhat worse then the V-amp 2/pro but still way above the Zoom. The effects are amazing for the money, if you don't use MIDI with the V-amp2 the X-vamp actually has better tweakable effects, and you can use a fair ammount of them at the same time. It's way more sturdy then the V-amp2, and you can attach most parameters to the expression pedal.

As long as you don't expect top quality studio sounds you'll love the X-vamp.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

I was going to buy one of these from eBay before I got the V-Amp 2 (from eBay)...The seller never shipped it out...

However, keep in mind that the X V-Amp is the "older" model of the V-Amp 2/pro so unless you can getthe X-V-Amp for less than say $70 I would get the V-Amp 2 or V-Amp Pro...I have seen the V-Amp Pro's going for $99 NEW on eBay

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

Sorry Mike but that's not true: The X-vamp is the latest in the V-amp series. V-amps ship new for $99 from most major online stores and the X-vamp is about $30 cheaper.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

Sorry Mike but that's not true: The X-vamp is the latest in the V-amp series. V-amps ship new for $99 from most major online stores and the X-vamp is about $30 cheaper.

Yea but on eBay the prices can be cheaper...

Are you sure about the X V-Amp? I wish I could find the place I read it but it said that the X V-Amp is older and has less effects and amp models. I just did a search and harmony central did confirm you are right butI know I read differently somewhere else...

I stand corrected

ReplyQuote
(@ignar-hillstrom)
Illustrious Member

You are correct that the X-vamp has less models, kinda like the V-amp1. But it has some effects combinations that neither the V-amp and X-vamp have, and there are some other nice goodies. But the basic sound quality of the amp models in your V-amp2 is better then the X-vamp and the X V-amp has no midi possibilities.

And yeah, buying used can be a lot cheaper (my current V-amp was used, the one before new and the one before that one used, my X-vamp was new). Just wanted to point out that if he was going to buy new he might feel safer with 'normal' stores. Sorry for being unclear.

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

X V-Amp on eBay

ReplyQuote