Clear all

Amp Effect Explanations

10 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Hey everyone. I was wondering if anyone knew of a good website that has good explanations of all the different amp effects that are out there - what they do, how they work, maybe some examples of well known artists/songs that use them, etc. I have a Behringer GMX110, and I have just recently gotten curious about the details of all the effects that it has. The manual gives a brief explanation, but I am looking for a little bit more. Mostly curious, but I thought it might help me out when I am trying to get my sound similar to another artists also...thanks! :)

(@timezone)
Estimable Member

I like the MonkeyFX guide to effects. Pretty amusing to read, and fairly descriptive, without being too technical. As for who uses what, I know I've seen a site that details the gear of lots of different artists but I can't remember the name right now... I'm sure someone around here has it bookmarked...

TZ

ReplyQuote
 Mike
(@mike)
Famed Member

As for who uses what, I know I've seen a site that details the gear of lots of different artists but I can't remember the name right now...

http://www.guitargeek.com/

ReplyQuote
(@dan-t)
Illustrious Member

That Monkey FX site is pretty funny. :lol:

Dan

"The only way I know that guarantees no mistakes is not to play and that's simply not an option". David Hodge

ReplyQuote
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Thanks for the links! The Monkey FX one sure is funny...crazy monkeys... :D

ReplyQuote
(@chuckster)
Prominent Member

Came across this link a few days ago - may even have been from somebody on this site. Can't remember now. However it does quite a good job of explaining how different effects affect your sound. Haven't got round to reading all the info on there yet but it looks pretty good.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/effects-explained.html

Enjoy.

8)

I've had a lot of sobering thoughts in my time.
It was them that turned me to drink.

ReplyQuote
(@wes-inman)
Illustrious Member

Here is a very good site I like that explains different effects and what they do, and even gives suggestions on pedal chain order.

http://users.chariot.net.au/~gmarts/fx.htm

If you know something better than Rock and Roll, I'd like to hear it - Jerry Lee Lewis

ReplyQuote
(@Anonymous)

THIS one is basic but has everything you need including what order to put the effects in

ReplyQuote
(@forrok_star)
Noble Member

I don't have any sounds associated with the page yet. By looking at it, it will have your imagination coming up with the unlimited possibilites for tone.

Joe's Setup

Joe

ReplyQuote
(@falcon1)
Reputable Member
Topic starter  

Good stuff again guys. Thanks! :)

ReplyQuote