Notifications
Clear all

How to Become a Better Guitarist

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
(@distortionpedals)
Topic starter

I recently wrote a blog article on how to become a better guitarist. I thought some of you may find it interesting. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Posted : 15/10/2013 10:19 pm
(@alangreen)

Such a pity that comments on the blog are closed. It would be really good if readers were able to add their own experiences.

Don't forget that there are shedloads of free lessons on this site, accessible through the lessons tab on the home page.

"Be good at what you can do" - Fingerbanger"
I have always felt that it is better to do what is beautiful than what is 'right'" - Eliot Fisk
Wedding music and guitar lessons in Essex. Listen at: http://www.rollmopmusic.co.uk

Posted : 16/10/2013 5:25 am
(@fleaaaaaa)
Prominent Member

On the metronome............ I think many people don't particularly like to play to a metronome - although it is obviously a good skill to have (and in my book you should gain it by recording to a click) practicing to a backing track or to a piece of music will definitely get you on track so that when you first try a metronome/click track it is much easier. Might be worth mentioning that as an option.

I think you could expand on your practice column too - deliberate practice produces results, but some forms of practice won't help you improve so it may be worth going further into that.

together we stand, divided we fall..........

Posted : 17/10/2013 6:10 am