What do you think?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@budarhythmic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

http://www.myspace.com/fourletrwrdz

Ok so I've only gotten feedback on my bands music from our friends, but what I really want is basically like an objective viewpoint free from bias. The first four songs are the live rips from the Recher Theater's sound board when we played there on Jan 7th. The last 4 recordings are self made and not nearly as good in terms of quality and also only include music from the original 3-piece - we have 5 members now - so I'm really only looking for critique on the first 4 songs. I'm my own worst critic so please be brutal lol it can only help me out in the end :D

I'll admit we aren't exactly 'polished' and are probably far from it, but I think our music has a lot of potential if we can really get it to that point. What do you all think? :)

Posted : 01/03/2010 2:24 am
(@budarhythmic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

By the way, if you're only going to listen to one song than check out Peace Jam... it's all instrumental (which is good since we dont really have a set vocalist at the moment) and even though it was the least rehearsed song going into that show it actually came out damn near perfect.

We have new songs in the works, I'll post them when I get them recorded with the full band.

Posted : 01/03/2010 8:09 pm
(@moonrider)
Noble Member

http://www.myspace.com/fourletrwrdz

Ok so I've only gotten feedback on my bands music from our friends, but what I really want is basically like an objective viewpoint free from bias.

I'll admit we aren't exactly 'polished' and are probably far from it, but I think our music has a lot of potential if we can really get it to that point. What do you all think? :)

First I'd take a good hard look at the arrangements for your songs. You want to leave the listener with a sense of having been involved in a story, and each piece needs a focus with a definite beginning, middle, and end. What you have now is a collection of promising riffs with vocals, but you're not doing anything to bring the listener in. Kinda the band equivalent of navel-gazing - fun for the band, but doesn't get the chicas boppin'.

Couple of great examples of this: "Are You Gonna Be My Girl" by Jet, "Ghost Town" by Shiny Toy Guns, "Billie Jean" by Michael Jackson, and "The Ride" by David Allan Coe

Edit: Is that an Epi Crestwood I see in the pictures? I got a brand new one for my 16th birthday and literally wore it out over the next ten years. Man I miss that guitar . . .

Playing guitar and never playing for others is like studying medicine and never working in a clinic.

Moondawgs on Reverbnation

Posted : 01/03/2010 9:32 pm
(@budarhythmic)
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hmm... I'll have to agree with you about the arrangements. I mean we aren't trying to go a conventional route so we don't want to cramp our creativity for a poppier tune but I definitely agree that we need to be more aware of each songs direction. I think the problem is that me and Johnny (guy with the Epi) come up with say a verse and a chorus but have no idea how or where to go from there. We end up making something 'fit' but I guess it doesn't necesarily 'work' for the song.

Hmm, got some thinking to do....

BTW - idk if his Epi is a Crestwood or not. all I know is that it's ancient (I wanna say 60's but not positive) and has been restored in order for him to keep playing it lol.

Posted : 02/03/2010 3:24 am