10 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

i recorded it and here's a few of the songs

http://www.soundclick.com/cravingsfriday13th2008

i was sort of nervous before hand, and ended up talking a lot more than i probably should have between songs, but i think the music went well. there were maybe 20-30 people there, and they seemed to like my music fairly well.
i had to use a borrowed guitar, since mine doesn't have a preamp. man, playing with a guitar you're not used to is nerve wracking. i spent so much time worrying about hitting the right notes i messed up some lyrics. :oops:
anyway, hope you like it.

Posted : 15/06/2008 6:45 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

What a pretty song!
Your voice is to die for.
And the guitar work is beautiful.
It's hard to believe that is just guitar and voice.
Don't know about electronics but something was pushed too hard because it became distorted in some places.
You fall short in some places for hitting the notes dead on, but really a great voice.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/06/2008 7:06 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

man, that's really nice of you. i was expecting more chicken jokes. i was recording with a dynamic mic and a small preamp into my laptop, and apparently clipped the signal. but yeah. one guitar. busy picking style.

Posted : 15/06/2008 7:11 pm
 lars
(@lars)
Noble Member

Congrats
Listened to some of it - wow - nice guitarwork and singing :!: :D

...only thing I know how to do is to keep on keepin' on...

LARS kolberg http://www.facebook.com/sangerersomfolk

Posted : 15/06/2008 7:32 pm
(@jackss565)
Reputable Member

Congrats. I liked it

Posted : 15/06/2008 9:28 pm
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

well done buddy!

i know who will get the gals now!! :lol:

Posted : 15/06/2008 10:20 pm
 KR2
(@kr2)
Famed Member

man, that's really nice of you. i was expecting more chicken jokes. i was recording with a dynamic mic and a small preamp into my laptop, and apparently clipped the signal. but yeah. one guitar. busy picking style.
It's the busy picking that makes the song sound full.
You deserved more applause than what I heard at the end.

And some people call it chicken pickin'
Ha! I knew there was a chicken in here somewhere.

It's the rock that gives the stream its music . . . and the stream that gives the rock its roll.

Posted : 15/06/2008 10:39 pm
(@anonymous)
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

nah. chicken pickin is fingers and pick. that was just pick. anyway, it wasn't a big crowd and i only knew a couple people. most of them were there for the other musicians.

Posted : 16/06/2008 1:36 am
(@coleclark)
Honorable Member

best way to be! chance to make some new fans while not having the pressure of living up to old fans expectations...

plus strangers are eaiser to play to than friends... only... when friends say 'you sounded great' you KNOW its true..most friends wont hold back from criticism hahaha :S

Posted : 16/06/2008 5:57 am
(@skinny)

Very nice!

Posted : 16/06/2008 7:07 am