Clear all

Me the last two years

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
(@taylorr)
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Hello again everyone. Long time, no see. If anyone is confused about who I am my username used to be Izabella and my avatar was "buddy christ" from Dogma. I spent a lot of time on this website when I was a beginner/early intermediate player in high school (I'm now 24). I don't know most of you all these days but I used to know many of you. I learned so much from being on this site and I truly felt a part of a supportive community here. Even if I never met any of you in person I did get the chance to hear and see what everyone else was going through with their playing and I got to share what I was going through and thereby grow. I just wanted to come back on here and share some of my progress.
I'm not a full-time musician like I used to want to be but I'm happy with where I'm at. I have seen a good deal of disappointment with bands with the past band I was in getting to the point of being ready to record and then breaking up just before we could and with other bands never really fleshing out. But I am currently in a pretty sweet outfit and we are recording a 4-song EP early January. Anyways here's some stuff from my last bands that I thought I'd share so the community could see how one of it's members has grown. Though I may not spend time on here anymore I still consider myself one of y'all.

This band was called Lowas and we were two weeks from recording 7 tracks in a studio when we broke up. I was very upset about it and stopped playing for a good three months and got in a good little funk. I loved the music though and I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. I wrote the base (not bass :P) of these songs but only was able to flesh them out with the help of the band. This stuff was all recorded on a stereo recorder at our last show and it was the last time we played together.

http://twowildernesses.bandcamp.com/album/lowas

This was a personal project that I did with a friend after Lowas. My buddy was in an audio recording class at the nearest community college and needed someone to record. I had a few things I was working on after I came out of my three month funk and we put this together over two sessions in the college studio. Many parts of this were written as I played them and you can tell sometimes. The drummer had never heard these before we got in the studio so I recorded scratch tracks for the structure, he practiced to those, then we recorded the final drums and I went over everything for final takes. These are higher fidelity being in-studio but there is some playing with feedback and stuff so if you don't like that then boohickey.

http://twowildernesses.bandcamp.com/album/put-er-there-joe

Once my new group is finished with our EP I'll be back to put that up as well. Thanks for listening. :)

Lyrics can be read here http://twowildernesses.wordpress.com/2012/12/17/lyrics/

aka Izabella

Posted : 17/12/2012 6:18 pm
(@vic-lewis-vl)
Illustrious Member

I'll check the links out later, Taylor/Izzy.....good to see you're still playing the music, though! I wish you all the best with your recordings, and look forward to hearing them in the future. Rock ON, mate!!!

:-) :-) :-)

Vic

"Sometimes the beauty of music can help us all find strength to deal with all the curves life can throw us." (D. Hodge.)

Posted : 19/12/2012 9:22 pm